cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adjusting breakouts after breakout opened

shaunr
Listener

In Managing breakouts I see this.  We want to be able to delete breakouts as some breakouts end sooner than others.  in fact, some persons want to go to a room after theirs has ended. as we have choose a room feature turned on.

The problem with what I see here is many of our end users are not upgraded and struggle at upgrading and we have an open group. 

So what is the reason anyway why  a  participant needs 5.9.3  ?

Hosts and cohosts have the lastest version.

Will this change for thos that have before 5.9.3?

Creating, removing, and renaming breakout rooms after launch

• Zoom desktop client
    • Windows: version 5.9.3 or higher
    • macOS: version 5.9.3 or higher
    • Linux: version 5.9.3 or higher

Notes:

• This applies to the host, co-hosts, and breakout room participants.
  • Adjusting Breakout Rooms while they are open must be enabled for your account by Zoom, enabled in your Breakout Room settings, and have all participants connected through version 5.9.3 or higher. 
3 REPLIES 3

shaunr
Listener

I want to use the adjust breakouts after the rooms have been opened mentioned in 5.9.3  

But it says that end users must have 5.9.3 and if they don't they can't even use the meeting?

many of our users struggle at upgrading and some can't do it.  

So this would be very good as we want to delete some empty rooms as roosm end at different times and persons come late and choose a room option is good   .  we don't want persons to waste time comeing to empty room.

However, the requirement to 5.9.3  would be a problem and we can't use.

Why is 5.9.3 required anyway?  

Will this change in the future?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @shaunr.

Another point to be aware of is that starting November 5, 2022 (less than 2 months away from the date I'm posting this), Zoom will begin requiring version 5.8.6 for all Zoom Clients (Windows, macOS, Linux,iOS, Android, and others).  Then each quarter, the minimum version will continue to be updated, with the next date being in February 2023.  As @CarlaA mentioned, for those with desktop apps, it's relatively easy to do straight from the Zoom Client menu, and with most iOS and Android devices, they can easily be updated from their respective app store.

See info in this Zoom Support article with some of the details about the required update process:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059429231 

Why is this necessary?  The code that handles the switching from the "main room" to the Breakout Rooms isn't even available in some of the older versions -- it's a relatively new feature to Zoom.  As Zoom's customers have made requests for additional features and functionality in Breakout Rooms, additional code has to be added.  Seems like all devices these days require regular updating to keep up with security issues, new features, and bug fixes.  If you can help your users along the path to keeping their software updated at least quarterly, their overall Zoom experience should be more trouble-free in the future.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @shaunr , thank you for your contribution! I see that you have not yet received a response from the community so I wanted to check-in. Zoom regularly provides new versions of the Zoom desktop client and mobile app to release new features and fix bugs. That is why we recommend upgrading to the latest version when it is available as these updates are essential to getting all of the features such as this one. My suggestion would be to mention to your groups at the start of the meeting to check for any updates in their Zoom desktop client by clicking on their profile picture. It is super easy to do and takes only a few minutes. 

profile-picture-menu-check-for-updates.png

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, but I hope it helps! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?