cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Audio issues for guests

Pesi
Listener

I have set my laptop as a Zoom Host

My guest has a Zoom invite on their laptop which they can access and they see my video just fine.

However, they cannot hear my audio even though the mic and speaker settings on both laptops are correct.

I am considering upgrading my Zoom account but am unwilling to do this if the audio cannot work.

Could someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should be able to submit a ticket even with a free account.  You can even open a ticket without being logged in for that matter.  Just be sure to include the meeting ID of your meeting with issues so they can look at the data from their end.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

A test I might suggest would be to start recording your meeting locally. Make sure you are speaking into your microphone during the recording. Then end your meeting which will trigger the conversion of your recording. When that conversion has completed view your recording to confirm that you can hear your own voice on the recording. If you can hear yourself, then Zoom is hearing you and the problem is on the other end. If you cannot hear yourself in the recording then your microphone is not working correctly.

If this information has proven helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

jaron
Listener

When you're in the meeting, click on Test Speaker & Microphone and conduct a test to confirm your devices are functioning properly with Zoom.  If the test fails, you know the issue is on your end.  If the test succeeds, then it probably isn't your issue and they may need to run the same test on their end.

jaron_0-1665089797548.png

Hi Jaron, please see my reply to Jeff...

Pesi
Listener

Hi Jeff, followed your suggestion - recorded the test meeting on my Host computer and both video and audio got recorded ok. 

However, when listening on my other laptop  (set up as guest) the audio starts and then quickly breaks up.

Note: The guest laptop mic and speakers are set up correctly and test OK.

I have tested with multiple laptops (I have 3) and even switched host and guest laptops with no success.

If you have a licensed account, it may be worth going into your dashboard and viewing the meeting analytics to determine if perhaps you are experiencing audio quality degradation due to network quality issues.  If you are on wireless internet without a strong signal, that can significantly affect performance.

I will test using a wired connection, but regardless, why should only the Host laptop be affected, breaking up the audio in the 'Guest' laptop? Shouldn't both audio be affected?

Also note: when speaking into the Host Laptop mic (whichever laptop is the host) the audio breaks up for the Guest laptop . (Btw - am using headphones for both laptops to avoid any feedback).

Have you tested this using the built-in laptop microphones as well as the headphones?  Just to ensure you aren't experience a hardware issue?  Please let us know the results of testing with a wired internet connection. 

As a note - Bear in mind this is a community forum, and speaking for myself, I'm not a representative of Zoom nor a technical support asset of Zoom.  If you'd like to get actual Zoom technical support, you can open a support ticket at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Zoom Technical Support would actually be able to look at your meeting analytics and more accurately troubleshoot what the problem is beyond us guessing at problems.

Cheers

Yes I tested with both.
Thanks again for all your help.

Is there a way to contact support even though I am on the free account?

You should be able to submit a ticket even with a free account.  You can even open a ticket without being logged in for that matter.  Just be sure to include the meeting ID of your meeting with issues so they can look at the data from their end.

Thanks Jaron.