cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Backgrounds not found on the PC app

JeremiahJones
Listener

Having issues with the virtual background not loading onto the app. I have a full license. I have made sure the virtual background is on. I even see my pics. But when I go to the app to launch a meeting I do not see them. Only the one that come with zoom.  I have the most updated version on Zoom 5.9.3 . Full license.  The crazy part is out IT dept don't have license and they have no issues loading virtual backgrounds, 

4 REPLIES 4

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @JeremiahJones thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! One thing to note is you have to sign out of the Zoom client and then back in for the backgrounds to show up. Perhaps once you do that you can see them in the client?

This support article may help as well, there are a lot of good sub links embedded in it as well

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Changing-your-Virtual-Background-image

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

I have already tried the step by step process.  From Zoom on how to change your background. I also have logged out of both the account and app. Still nothing is in the app

jeremyjustin

Hi @JeremiahJones thank you for the additional detail. It could be that your computer is not powerful enough or does not have a CPU/processor that supports Zoom virtual backgrounds. Can you take a look at this article just to be sure?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511

If your computer is good, let's walk through the steps:

When you go into https://zoom.us/ and sign in, you will see Personal Info on the right. Click on your Settings

jeremyjustin_0-1643396326985.png

Make sure this setting is enabled

jeremyjustin_1-1643396443625.png

Then go to your Zoom client. In the upper right click your profile picture and then sign out. Sign back in with the same userid/email and password that you signed into the zoom.us site with. 

Then go into your settings in the Zoom client

jeremyjustin_2-1643396645515.jpeg

Click on Background & Filters

You may have to pick whether you have a green screen or not, go ahead and say No if you do not have a physical green screen.

Then you should be able to pick your Virtual Backgrounds. One thing you can do in this screen is click the + sign to add images and videos

jeremyjustin_3-1643396840098.jpeg

This image is taken from my test client but it should give an idea. Hopefully that helps!

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

KevinAtRevinate
Listener

You don't need to sign out and sign back in for the virtual background images to appear. I would join a personal meeting and add the virtual background from the video settings while inside the meeting. You should see the background update right away. 

Do make sure you are signed into the desktop app and you are joining the meetings from the app instead of the browser though.