cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Playback automatically pausing when resuming playback after fast-forwarding.

Saiyuuni
Listener

I'm watching a previously recorded video through my web browser and playback immediately is paused when resumed. This happens whenever I click on a transcript or seek forward in time. E.g., I click on a transcript with a timestamp of 0:33 or skip forward 46 seconds, I press play and then playback is instantly paused. Does anyone have experience with this? Trying a different browser didn't solve it.

12 REPLIES 12

NRidge
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Saiyuuni!

Thank you for choosing Zoom, our apologies that you've been waiting for a reply for a while.  Lets take a look...

Just to confirm a few things:

1) Are you are navigating to the Zoom portal, then viewing a video you have recorded (Personal >> Recordings menu) 

2) Or, are you viewing a shared video link from another Zoom user?

3) If shared to you, is the user in your account or a different Zoom account?

4) Does the video playback work well if you are not fast-forwarding to a later point in the video? If so does it take some time to start after pressing play?

Within the zoom Portal playback experience, I typically see the pause button show up while the video is buffering for playback, but in my experience it will automatically play the video once the buffering is ready.  This buffering time may vary by the amount of internet bandwidth you have available to you in any given location, but typically it should be only a few seconds.

If you wait a few more seconds does the video start on its own?  Which browser(s) are you using?

If the video stalls without restarting after 15-20 seconds, I'd consider reporting this to our Support team to see if they have additional recommendations. Here is our Zoom Support engagement page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support 

If this reply helps you solve the issue please let us know and mark as a solution if applicable.

Once again apologies for the late reply and thanks for choosing Zoom!

Delivering Happiness!

Anurag2
Listener

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, the recordings are getting on auto play/pause on its own. Not able to find any solution.

Please advice.

Thanks in Advance

Yes bhaiya,

from Mike batch😉

yeh issue aa raha hai regular.

Ordinary bills padh raha thaa mood off ho gaya

NRidge

Hi Anurag2!

We are sorry to hear about your video playback issue.If this is for personal use, do you have another device and/or internet connection you can attempt to view the video?

It would help for us to know:

--Device type

--OS and version

--Web Browser(s) and version

Things to check:

1) Internet bandwidth and connection stability: are you able to download the file for local playback?

2) VPN/Firewall rules for your network or even local firewall

3) Ensure OS and browsers are up to date and system has been rebooted

4) Playback support for the file type on your device

5) Local resources for playback (CPU RAM are sufficient).

If Zoom is a tool your employer provides you for work, please open a ticket with your internal IT support team. They may be able to test the the playback issue, check your device is up to date, and that VPN or firewall rules are up to date, and report to Zoom if further assistance is required.

If this reply helps you solve the issue please let us know and mark as a solution if applicable.

Delivering Happiness!

Anurag2
Listener

Hey,

I have tested it on several devices but the issue remains the same. It keeps on buffering.

Internet connection and other connectivities are good too.

Thanks 

NRidge

Anurag2

As a workaround for playback, can you download the file?

Have you run any Internet speed tests and what are the results?

Where is the account holder based and what country are you located in?

As for the internet, buffering, local device capabilities, please open a support ticket to validate and be willing to provide details for the following:

The link to the file you are accessing (Please only provide this to Zoom Support privately - Please do not post this URL in a reply on the Community)

--Your Device type

--Your Device OS and version

--Your Web Browser(s) and version

--Your Geographic location

Information on engaging Zoom support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support

Delivering Happiness!

Anurag2
Listener

Hi,

1. Yes I can download the recording file.
  2. Yes, Internet Speed tests have been conducted and the speeds are  quite good 30Mbps approx.
  3. Both account Holder and Office Location is in India.
  4. We have also noticed a pattern that this issue never occurs during ( 00:01 am - 05:30 am ) IST.
  5. The issue is not specific, there are wide range of devices and OS for which this issue occurs.
  6. The URL is also not specific, it is happening for all, moreover this issue has been encountered recently, earlier the recordings haven't acted in such manner.

If you need any other information, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

jayjanai
Listener

I am also facing the same issue. This is not buffering issue. Recording playback stops on its own. I guess this has happened only after latest update with smart chapters and transcripts and the highlights thing. Please help this is consuming more time now...

NRidge

Hello @jayjanai 

I understand you are facing the same issue, have either you or @Anurag2 opened support tickets to investigate further?

I would recommend that and please be prepared to answer the following:

As a workaround for playback, can you download the file?

Have you run any Internet speed tests and what are the results?

Where is the account holder based and what country are you located in?

As for the internet, buffering, local device capabilities, please open a support ticket to validate and be willing to provide details for the following:

The link to the file you are accessing (Please only provide this to Zoom Support privately - Please do not post this URL in a reply on the Community)

--Your Device type

--Your Device OS and version

--Your Web Browser(s) and version

--Your Geographic location

Information on engaging Zoom support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support

Delivering Happiness!

Hi
I am on the same boat as everyone. And there is no problem of net, have checked multiple devices, have checked multiple browsers, and the problem is the same everywhere. So here is an idea, instead of asking everyone the same question again and again, trying to transfer the blame on connectivity, device, browser, etc, why don't you guys work on updates to rectify the problem? Because I assure you, it is irritating as hell and people will start shifting to other mediums if this continues.

Hi
I am in the same boat as everyone. And there is no problem with the net, have checked multiple devices, have checked multiple browsers, and the problem is the same everywhere. So here is an idea, instead of asking everyone the same question again and again, trying to transfer the blame on connectivity, device, browser, etc, why don't you guys work on updates to rectify the problem? Because I assure you, it is irritating as hell and people will start shifting to other mediums if this continues.

Shrutika_13
Listener

yes m facing same issue, can u help me with this coz it's consuming lot of time now 😞