cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Completely Blurred When Using Blur Background

scottharris
Listener

When I try to use video, if I don't use any background & effects, my video works fine.  If I choose to blur the background, my entire video is blurred, including my image/video feed.  If I choose a background, the video feed from my camera is not shown, only the background.  

I am using version 5.17.11 (31580).  I am using an Intel based Macbook Pro running Sonoma v14.4.1.  

5 REPLIES 5

EchemChemE
Listener

I'm encountering the same issue. Same Zoom version, macOS version, and also Intel based Macbook Pro.

Same exact versions of app and OS, same result of background blur not detecting my face. 

scv
Listener

I'm seeing the same issue, I'm on the same version of both Zoom 5.17.11 (31580) and MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224)

rookie11
Listener

seeing the same issue on  Zoom 5.17.11 (31580) and MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1. The blur background and virtual background features are completely unusable now. 

scv
Listener

I downgraded to Zoom 5.7.1 and the problem went away, but not immediately, it took a few hours. So I'm not sure if the downgrade actually helped but I don't want to upgrade to the latest despite the repeated reminders until Zoom gets to the bottom of this issue.