cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Polls Efficiently

jsalmono20
Listener

How do you all share polls with other users? We train a lot of classes via Zoom. There are multiple trainers that train the same class on different days or at different times. We don't want to each have to create the polls we want to launch. Does anyone have a good solution for this? We've tried adding them to the template and then changing the host, but then when we add those polls to our libraries, each individual doesn't get the updates. We also would just like there to be an easier way to share a poll among our groups of trainers. 

Does anyone use a different polling software/site while in Zoom that works better?

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jsalmono20 

You might check out this ProTip I wrote about using polls and sharing them via templates:  Zoom Meetings - Pro Tip #1: Enhanced Polling and Meeting Templates 

jsalmono20
Listener

That's a band-aid. It doesn't solve the problem I've expressed here. 

jsalmono20
Listener

Hi, @Bort ! 

Just tested this. A colleague of mine uses a template for a class we teach. She added the polls to the template. Then, she scheduled on behalf of me so that I was the host, since I need to teach the class, as well. When she did this, we couldn't see the polls because they weren't in my Library. I could only see the polls that were in my library. This seems to be a bug, since before you could have the template on the session and then it would bring the polls along. It no longer does this.

Bort

Hi @jsalmono20 

Just tested this and it seems you are correct. It longer carries polls over across users via scheduling privilege. That's a bummer. I'll ask around and see if I can find out if this was intentional or accidental. Maybe we can get this fixed. 

In the meantime, you might check out using your central library of polls. This allows you to create polls independent of a specific meeting or template, and make up to 10 polls available for any meeting. 

jsalmono20
Listener

Thanks for looking into this. I have been using the central library of polls, but it's just for me. Each member of my 10 person team has to go through the process of creating the polls in their own library so they have them. We're very excited for the dev coming in March that will allow us to share poll questions. Can you tell me more about that? Can we preview that functionality before it comes out to see if it will be useful to us and we can provide feedback?