cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slides as Virtual Background??

paulreadwin
Listener

Why don't I see " Slides as Virtual Background" in my Zoom settings? (running the latest version Version: 5.7.6 (1320))

I followed along with the process below
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360046912351-Sharing-slides-as-a-Virtual-Background

Sharing a presentation as your background
1. Click the Share Screen button located in your meeting controls. (DID THAT)
2. Click Advanced. (DID THAT)
3. Click Slides as Virtual Background. (NOT THERE)
Any ideas?
Thanks
Paul
5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @paulreadwin 

Did you check the other Prerequisites on that article? Specifically that you must have Powerpoint or Keynote installed on your device and also meet the system requirements for Virtual Background

paulreadwin
Listener

Thanks, Bort

Yes, I did check all the other prerequisites. I am running the latest Mac OS, the latest Zoom version and I have both Powerpoint and Keynote installed. Currently, Currently, I can use both stills and video for my virtual background that's why it's so confusing why that slide option doesn't appear for me. I must be missing something.

Paul

Bort

Hi @paulreadwin 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure why this is not appearing for you. I'd suggest a quick logout/login, as well as a restart of your computer, to see if either of those things would help. Beyond that, I'd suggest contacting Zoom Support directly, so that they can investigate further. 

JCoppens
Listener

I have the same issue, but I'm using Version: 5.9.3. Was this ever solved for you @paulreadwin ?  I also do not see the Immersive view feature option in my view options.

obalog
Listener

Solved: After starting a Zoom meeting, click on the Share Screen button. In version 5.12 that I'm using on a Mac Studio running Ventura 13.1 you should see three tabs at the top of the Share Screen window. Select the Advanced tab and you'll see Slides as Virtual Background as the first option. Click on the Share button in the bottom right of the window, then select your PowerPoint file and you should be done. If your video has holes through it, turn off any virtual video software like ManyCam and use your direct camera input. I got this working using my iPhone 12 Pro Max camera and the quality is impressive. Have fun with this feature!