cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several people physically in same room each on own device

FrancesHJ
Listener

Hi there. I am unexpectedly unable to travel next week, and have to give a course remotely. In order to see the participants, is it possible for all 30 of them who will physically in the same room to join the meeting on their own devices via my Zoom link, and mute themselves as I will also be projected on big screen, or will this create audio feedback on the connections? I don't think the hotel conference room they will be in has a videoconference system that would enable me to see the room, and I am looking for a way that basically I have to teach while only really talking to myself and not being able to see the room at all. Thanks for any feedback you are able to give. 

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @FrancesHJ 

Yes, its possible for all the in-person attendees to be in the Zoom Meeting on the personal devices, but you are also correct that this can cause issues with audio. To avoid these issues, I'd recommend they each use headphones to isolate the audio coming out of the meeting, and only unmute themselves when they have something to say, otherwise everyone's mic will pick up their voice at the same time. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Aside from the potential audio issue, I would be concerned about having that many people trying to connect to a local wifi access point using audio and video. Have you confirmed with your local IT staff that your network can deal with this amount of bandwidth?

Regards,

Frank

clyon1
Listener

Bort - Can we ask that some sort of feature be added that would allow multiple computers in the same room and Zoom automatically handles the cutover between devices as people talk.  One computer could be the main speaker as well.

dc_enforce_tx
Listener

The other issue I'm having with this is that if some parties are in the room and others are not, then I hear everything spoken in the room twice with a time delay.  Ideally Zoom would allow you to "block speaker" for a specific participant in the room who you can already hear.