cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with share screen video sound

MariaWET
Listener

I regularly use videos on Share Screen. I hit "Optimize for video" and "Share Video Sound" at the bottom of the screen. Most of the time, the other people can hear my video sound just fine. Other times, they can't hear anything and I can't figure out how to fix it. Unfortunately, I never know when the sound will fail, as I seem to be doing the same thing each time.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi

• Are you on Windows or Mac? 
  • Can you hear the sound yourself?
Thanks!

I am on Windows. I can hear the sound myself but others cannot hear.

pieterbotes

I would start with just checking that the audio share is actually showing up correctly and for some reason didn't actually select correctly (you might have done this already, if so please ignore).  This is an easy way to do that:

• Sharing device audio can also be enabled after you have begun sharing by locating the share toolbar, clicking More, and then selecting Share Sound.

This may not be the case but could you also switch between mono and stereo if this happens again to see if this might fix it.  

• To switch between mono and stereo sound while sharing, locate the share toolbar, click More, then select between Mono and Stereo (high fidelity) options under Select sharing sound mode. 

If the latter solves it then we will likely have to open a support ticket.

Thanks!