cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing interpretation

ecrowell
Listener

I am an interpreter and I have a non-English speaker who cannot get the interpretation feature to appear on his system. For reference, I have confirmed that he is using the app on his smartphone (not the browser) and that it is the most recent version of Zoom. He has a Zoom account and is logged in in the app as well. This problem occurs regardless of whether he clicks on the link or enters the meeting ID & pass code. Others in the call are able find the globe icon and choose their language, but when he clicks on the three dots, the only options are Discussion, Raise your hand, and all of the sticker reactions. Any ideas on what else could be going wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

Biru_EventSvcs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello ecrowell, 

Great that you checked he's on the most recent version of Zoom. However there is also a set of prerequisites for mobile app users, so you may want to check that as well.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360034919791-Using-Language-Interpretation-in-your-meeting...

Prerequisites for using Language Interpretation

• Business, Education, or Enterprise account; or a Pro account with the Zoom Webinar add-on plan
  • Meeting with an automatically generated meeting ID
  • Zoom desktop client
    • Windows: 5.2.1 (44052.0816) or higher
    • macOS: 5.2.1 (44040.0816) or higher
  • Zoom mobile app
    • Android: 5.2.1 (44042.0816) or higher
    • iOS: 5.2.1 (44038.0816) or higher
  • Interpretation relay (selecting another interpretation channel)
    • Zoom desktop client
      • Windows: 5.9.6 or higher
      • macOS: 5.9.6 or higher
    • Zoom mobile app
      • Android: 5.9.6 or higher
      • iOS: 5.9.6 or higher

ecrowell
Listener

For others who experience this issue, we finally figured out what was going on. The person in question was holding his phone sideways (in landscape mode, not portrait mode), and when he did that, it hid some of the options on the menu. When he turned his phone to be in portrait mode, he was able to see the full menu select his interpretation channel as usual.