cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro account user receiving 40 minute limit warning messages

Hoyt
Listener

I've had a "pro" account for over a year and had no problems scheduling (using Outlook) or hosting zoom calls.  In the past week, however, when I try to schedule zoom calls using Outlook (and the email address registered under my zoom account) I get the message below warning me of a 40 minute time limit.  The pro account is assigned to my user profile and paid in advance until May 2022.  My calls are with at least one other person and have never exceeded the 100 person limit.  I've downloaded the most recent Outlook plug-in updates.  Despite the warning messages, my calls have not been cut off after 40 minutes.  Still, the warnings are concerning and I'd like to know what is causing them to appear, and how to stop them from reoccurring.   Any advice welcome.  Thanks.

Hoyt_0-1635297969673.png

7 REPLIES 7

PegM65
Listener

I am having this same problem, even when using the Zoom meeting link in my payment receipt. What is up? How did you get a reply to your question?

Hoyt
Listener

Hi, I never did receive a satisfactory response, just a lot of suggestions along the lines of "did you try...", none of which worked.  I still get the same warning about a 40 minute limit when I set up calls (even though I have a so-called "pro" account) but not every time, and none of my calls have been terminated after 40 minutes.  The warning though is concerning, since each time it appears I wonder if this time my call is going to end prematurely.  For important calls I've started using Teams and Skype for Business.  Maybe if enough subscribers raise the issue with Zoom they will fix it.  If they don't I will likely not renew my subscription.  If you do find a solution please share with the "community."  

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

This is likely caused by the Outlook plugin storing old information about your account and not syncing with your Pro account. I would advise you log out of the Outlook plugin and log back in, which should force a sync with your account info. 

I would also recommend switching to using the Outlook Add-in, rather than the Outlook plugin, as that is where most of the development and new features are being developed. You can find more info about how to install the Add-in here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005223126-Installing-the-Zoom-for-Outlook-add-in

PJQ20
Listener

Does the Pro account have a time limit of 30 hours per meeting, 30 hours per month, or 30 hours per year?

Bort

That limit is just per meeting session. So, I can host a meeting for 30 hours, at which point it must end, then I can restart it and have it open for another 30 hours. 

richgedney
Listener

My boss made me a named host on his account so I can schedule meetings. The meetings usually last from 30 min. to 1 1/2 hours. I keep getting the 40 minute warning even though we have a Pro Account. In past I have had a meeting close by itself after 40 minutes then another time at around 1 hour 1 1/4 hour mark. With 4+ people in the meeting. Again this is a Pro Account. With me listed as a host on the account so I can schedule meetings with co-workers I DO NOT USE OUTLOOK, what could be the issue? Thank you.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi there! If anyone is still encountering this issue, I would update to the latest version of the Outlook plugin, per the following article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/13962478987661 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?