cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling Enhancements for Quizing

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

how can account owners and admins enable advanced polling?

according to windows release notes 5.8.3, "Account owners and admins can enable advanced polling to allow meeting hosts to build advanced polls or quizzes that contain multiple question/answer types, allow for images, and automatically record answers. New question/answer types include match combinations, rank answers, and fill in the blank."

10 REPLIES 10

Creola
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Eliot ,

You will need to sign into your Zoom web portal, click on Settings, select the Meeting tab search for Meeting Polls and check "Allow host to create advances polls and quizzes". Once this is enabled and you are running the latest version of the Zoom app you will be able to use that feature in your meeting.

Best regards,

Eliot

i signed out of the web portal and back in.

under personal>settings>meeting, all i see is 'meeting polls/quizzes - allow host to add polls before or during a meeting.'

under admin>account management-account settings, all i see is 'meeting polls/quizzes - allow host to add polls before or during a meeting.'

i can't find "Allow host to create advances polls and quizzes".

also, is there any document that documents these advanced features?

thanks

eliot

Eliot

here is the admin screen shot.

rbellofatto
Listener

So the part that is missing is whatever feature flag is necessary to turn on the new polling/quizzing question types as described in the 10/25 release notes:

Polling enhancements for quizzing - Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS
Account owners and admins can enable advanced polling to allow meeting hosts to build advanced polls or quizzes that contain multiple question/answer types, allow for images, and automatically record answers. New question/answer types include match combinations, rank answers, and fill in the blank.

The normal "Meeting Polls/Quizzes" flag is already enabled at the account and my personal level. As an admin, I am trying to enable that new feature release but can find no corresponding account level settings flag.

Eliot

you are correct.

the 10/25/2021 updated versions polling for meetings does not mention advanced polling.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/213756303-Polling-for-meetings

maybe zoom is waiting for something like enabling advanced polling on other

clients such smart phones and tablets?

Bort

I am currently looking into why this is not available for most accounts. Waiting to hear back from the responsible teams within Zoom. 

Eliot

thanks very much.

Bort

Zoom has determined the reason the new polling enhancements are not yet available and are working to resolve them. 

Eliot

Bort

Enhanced polling has been deployed but currently needs to be enabled by Support. After this weekend, it should be enabled for all accounts.