cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDFs for new users / how-to's

luflowrs
Listener

I work at a library. We could really use printable how-to PDFs for those needing assistance! Does anyone have a useful PDF for beginners? (Specifically for using zoom on Android).

Not everyone is confident accessing assistance online. People with low digital literacy/confidence deserve assistance.

2 REPLIES 2

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

The Zoom support site has great resources for getting started with Zoom on all sorts of devices.

Here's a link to the Android getting started guide: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200942759-Getting-started-with-Android

I was able to highlight and print the guide to PDF.  Would this be helpful for your patrons?

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

The zoom guide you referenced comes close, but is not quite there.  I am helping users by phone, so I would like to see illustrations of the actual phone screen, so I can say "the third icon from the left on the bottom of the screen". The Android guide does at least illustrate the icon bar at the bottom of the screen. The IOS guide does not. 

I like the idea of having the guide annotated and stored to PDF. However users would be helped by having illustrations that match what they should be seeing on their screen. I'm with an organization for retirees, so our users are not computer literate, and are grudgingly using Zoom because it is the only way that they can participate in meetings during Covid times.  |Thanks,  |George