cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook plugin: removing events from calendar do not remove from Zoom

JamesD
Listener

Hello all, 

As stated in the subject, when an event is created through the Outlook plugin and then the event is deleted, it doesn't get deleted through the plugin so it's still scheduled in Zoom. You CAN do this but going to the settings button and then clicking remove, but those extra small steps aren't what users are used to. They are used to just right-clicking an event in the calendar and deleting or just pressing the delete key. Is there any way to make this happen automatically? Notifications for canceled meetings keep popping up for users.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello James. I am not sure why is happening but there are few things you could check, some might be obvious but since you didn't mentioned which version of Zoom and Plug-in you  have installed, I suggest starting there:
- Make sure you have the latest Zoom App and Zoom Outlook plug-in installed
- I tested it using both, the Outlook Cancel button, and the Zoom Plug-in Cancel button after opening the meeting and it works in both cases the same.
- You didn't mentioned if this was working before or not, but if you are just testing this for the "first time", make sure you have a proper "Calendar and Contact" integration settings: This is a good document https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243-Using-calendar-and-contacts-integration  NOTE: Make sure you have Read and Write checkmarks enabled.
- Last but not least: On your Zoom Web Portal, go to "PERSONAL > Settings > Calendar and Contacts" and make sure "Automatically sync Zoom calendar events information bi-directionally between Zoom and integrated calendars." is checked.

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Vinnie

Hello James. I am not sure why is happening but there are few things you could check, some might be obvious but since you didn't mentioned which version of Zoom and Plug-in you  have installed, I suggest starting there:
- Make sure you have the latest Zoom App and Zoom Outlook plug-in installed
- I tested it using both, the Outlook Cancel button, and the Zoom Plug-in Cancel button after opening the meeting and it works in both cases the same.
- You didn't mentioned if this was working before or not, but if you are just testing this for the "first time", make sure you have a proper "Calendar and Contact" integration settings: This is a good document https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243-Using-calendar-and-contacts-integration  NOTE: Make sure you have Read and Write checkmarks enabled.
- Last but not least: On your Zoom Web Portal, go to "PERSONAL > Settings > Calendar and Contacts" and make sure "Automatically sync Zoom calendar events information bi-directionally between Zoom and integrated calendars." is checked.

Let me know how it goes.

The newest version of the plugin solves this issue. It seems to have a more robust integration with the actually Zoom app and reflects changes properly. 

And just FYI - this is mainly on Win 10 computers and we've been using the plugin for about a year and it has never worked properly before. Anyway, thanks!

Vinnie

I am glad it helped. The auto update for the plug-in should work, every time you get a new Zoom App update installed, as soon as you close the Outlook Client it asks you to update the Plug-in as well (if there is a new version).  Try checking that next time you update you Zoom App...you might still have another thing to correct if it doesn't. Good luck and thanks again for letting me know...it is always good to know in case it happen to us as well.

Do you still have to hit "remove" after you delete the Outlook event?  because mine is still doing this.