cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live stream to Facebook from smartphone (Android)

Yaelg
Listener

Hello, 

I'm trying to set the option to live stream to Facebook from my smartphone.

I have a license which allows it and the option exists from my laptop. However I don't see the option from the app and I haven't found a way to change it in the app settings... 

Does anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Streaming to Facebook is only currently available on the desktop clients, and not yet for the mobile apps. You can check the Prerequisites for FB Streaming in this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115000350406-Facebook-livestreaming-meetings-or-webinars

Hi Bort: it has been 9 months from the time you answered. Has Zoom created this streaming to FB yet?  Why YouTube only but no FB?

JimmyThaiDTM
Listener

Share your frustration.  It's Nov 2022 already and it seems they haven't created a solution for this need yet.

Any update yet?  Feb 2023  - I have been trying all afternoon the get this figured out and I was going crazy.  I kept seeing Youtube and nothing for FB on Android.  WHY?  Then I decided I needed to search and find out why and lo and behold I see here it does not exist.  Any update?  I would like to use my phone data to Zoom and stream to FB in lieu of setting up a hotspot to do so (wi-fi not available on the go).  Thanks!

Unifier
Listener

I found a workaround for this. But only if you are using an android device. I downloaded this app - Zoom for Chrome -PWA. If you use Zoom from this app and you are the host, you get an option to broadcast the meeting live on Facebook. I hope this helps.

Screenshot_2023-04-27-09-53-06-193_com.android.vending.jpg