cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Audio issues

Rupal1
Listener

Hi, 

About 2 weeks ago, I am experienceing issues where my audience is unable to hear any music that I play from the the room where I am conducting a class. This is essential for me to conduct my classes. 

It appears the some people can hear the music sometimes but no all the people all of the time. This also comes & goes during the call.

When I talk, everyone on the call is able to hear me clearly, but not when I sing while playing a keyboard or when playing music using an external device like a CD player. 

I have applied the latest updates for the Zoom client & Windows PC updated. 

This is urgent as I am unable to conduct my classes over Zoom. 

I use my personal Zoom account that I have paid for. 

Regards

Rupal Trivedi

14 REPLIES 14

Coco8854
Listener

HI There,

Did you ever get an answer.  I am having the same problem and can't seem to get a resolve.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Rupal1
Listener

Hi, 

Nothing so far.

Regards

Zoom is the issue. I've purchased a professional external microphone, wired my computer through an ethernet cable and tweaked all the audio settings in Zoom. Yet when I switch to Google Meet, there is no issue!

I am starting to think the same. I did not have issues with Zoom before, but in recent months, my trumpet playing cuts off, which renders y online lessons nearly useless. Same computer, same setup on both sides as before. We have tried various adjustments, it just does not work. I will suggest Google Meet to my teacher, because as it stands, it is not worth it. I hate that Zoom keeps making changes without letting us know, every time settings go back to defaults, etc. I used to organize choir rehearsals online, and nearly each week we had last minute surprises and had to rejig our settings because of some obscure update that messed things up. It had worked consistently for my trumpet playing, but not for the last couple of months. Zoom is making itself irrelevant.

Valerie67
Listener

Are you running Windows 11?

I'm on a Mac-desk top.

I am running on Windows 10. Funny that Zoom technical support said try a Windows 10 Machine.

Valerie67
Listener

I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 11 that I bought in Jan. Music on Zoom hasn’t worked till today. If you have Windows 11 go to apps and look for MaxxAudio Pro. Open it and click on mic icon for settings. I changed environment profile to “recording mode” and I toggled off “Remove noise” on both the microphone and speakers. I tested it with piano and voice simultaneously and they came through loud and clear.  I don’t know if you need to do all three changes, but definitely start with toggling off “Remove noise” on microphone. 

Valerie67
Listener

Sorry, new to forums. See my response to Rupal1 for possible solution. 

bachsingr
Listener

My zoom is now working perfectly. Using Blue Yeti mic (gain is at 9) and hard wired my computer to the internet. Using it for voice lessons.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I had no problems before, so I doubt the mic is an issue. I upgraded my internet last summer, so it could be the issue, but given it was a significant upgrade rather than a downgrade, I suspect that it is not the issue. I might try hard wiring, which would involve significant logistics. Technology eh?

I do not follow "gain is at 9". Could you explain? Thank you.

Rupal1
Listener

Just an update on the issues:

• I am running Windows10 operating system, so a stable operating systems 
  • I am trying some options recommended by Zoom Technical Support. no real success so far. 
  • I using a speaker phone that has been working fine & continues to work on other video conference providers / software

Does look like there is a zoom issue and I am activiely considering using another software to run my classes, as this is getting too complicated for a non-technical user such as myself.