cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add more facebook groups for live streaming

Amarachi
Listener

Hi,

I recently set up a facebook live streaming from Zoom and I selected just one facebook group. I tried streaming live on another facebook group but it doesn't populate upon clicking on the drop down arrow. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have figured out a way to make it work for me (eventually!). 

Prepare to go live

When you get to the page where you select the FB group etc, right at the bottom, underneath the 'Go Live' button, there is some tiny writing. 
Click on 'Facebook Security Settings'

Continue 
Decide who gets to have access, then click continue
Click on 'Choose what you allow' and you get to a list of all the groups you are in. Tick the ones you want - job done. 

Hope it works for you! 🤞

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Amarachi 

The information provided in the dropdown menu comes from Facebook, so any issues would result from Facebook settings or settings in that group. It sounds like you may not be an admin of the other Facebook group, and thus do not have the access to live stream to it. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I am the admin of the group. Here's my issue, when I did set up the live streaming for the first time, I selected i want to live stream in a group. Then clicking on the drop  down, I saw all the groups but I deselected every other groups except the one I wanted to stream live. Now, I want to stream on another group, but I don't get options to select the group I want. Immediately I choose to stream on Facebook groups, it automatically populates the previous group which I streamed live. Is there a way to reset the initial set up? Hope you understand my issue

Bort

I'm not sure if there is a way to do that in Facebook settings, but most likely you would need to clear the cache in your browser, which should reset that initial setup. 

I have the same problem.  I need to add another group to the list.  I've selected the group to allow Zoom, but on initial entry that group is not one I can select.  I need to get it on the original list.

I have figured out a way to make it work for me (eventually!). 

Prepare to go live

When you get to the page where you select the FB group etc, right at the bottom, underneath the 'Go Live' button, there is some tiny writing. 
Click on 'Facebook Security Settings'

Continue 
Decide who gets to have access, then click continue
Click on 'Choose what you allow' and you get to a list of all the groups you are in. Tick the ones you want - job done. 

Hope it works for you! 🤞

Thank you!!! 🙂

A big thank you to you! It all worked out! I am so happy! 24 hours I have been searching for a solution!!! Thanks again!

so helpful!! Many thanks!

BygieT
Listener

Was this give a solution? A friend has a similar problem recently.

Hey HygieT,

I got the same issue.

How have you resolved it?

Sands
Listener

I am having the exact same issue now! Cleared cache -  still not working.