cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide meeting information on Zoom Web Client, Desktop clients, Android and iOS client

GRT
Listener

I want to hide my meeting information including meeting ID, password, and link from users who are using Zoom clients on the web, desktop,  Android, and iOS. How can I achieve it? 

9 REPLIES 9

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I don't think its possible to hide that information. What are you trying to achieve by doing this? 

Prevent unauthorized access by sharing meeting information. 

Bort

In that case, there are other methods to prevent unauthorized access, such as using the Waiting Room feature to screen incoming participants, registration to approve who is provided the link to the meeting, or locking the meeting once all have joined. Here is more info about in-meeting security options: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360041848151

Keep in mind, if you have invited them to the meeting by providing the meeting invite, they already have the meeting details and could share them with others before joining the session. 

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Is this still not possible. 
My participants join my meetings using a button on our website and I don't want them to easily distribute the link to my meetings.

thanks in advance.

Hi, I am looking for the same thing, to hide meet information. Have you got any update on it?

safabrura
Listener

I agree. I am looking for the same solution. Actually I was shocked that the participants can share the meeting details so easily, while we are working hard to limit the access only to who is registered with our service. And not, it is not possible to authorize each person before each zoom. We have many meetings each week, and many participants on each.
This should be an obvious setting!
The link can be with the passcode hashed into it, so any website owner can link to it with a button. So not "techy" crowd will find it hard to copy that link and share it. And hiding it from the meeting is such a basic requirement. These two will definitely reduce the chance of uninvited guests on my meeting rooms.

I completely agree with your perspective. It's difficult to find a compelling reason for revealing meeting details to participants during Zoom meeting.

In my situation, where I provide members of my organization access to meetings through a third-party application that seamlessly integrates with Zoom's API for secure and efficient registration and access, it's particularly baffling that Zoom continues to disclose these details unnecessarily.

Despite the security measures I've diligently put in place, Zoom's default behavior of displaying meeting details seems to counteract these efforts. I sincerely hope that Zoom will consider the implementation of an update that empowers users to easily hide meeting details within their settings.

The introduction of a user-configurable setting to conceal meeting details during a meeting would significantly enhance the overall security and confidentiality of Zoom meetings.

This would be of immense value, especially for users like me who depend on third-party integrations to control access. I firmly believe that such an addition to Zoom's feature set would contribute to the ongoing endeavors to bolster the platform's security and user experience.

Frank_Ab
Listener

The introduction of a user-configurable setting to conceal meeting details during a meeting would significantly enhance the overall security and confidentiality of Zoom meetings.

please get it done.