cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery navigation arrows appear on desktop and remain on top of all windows

nmanwiller
Listener

Following the upgrade to the new version 6.0.0 client, we started seeing the blue/white gallery navigation arrows randomly appearing on top of all other windows. The spacing, however, is not the same since there is no video preview between them. Exiting the client makes them go away. Changing the color theme from light to dark or dark to light also makes them go away.  Following a reboot and sign in to the client, they come back.

This problem continues with the latest release 6.0.3.

So far, I have only seen this in Windows 11.

No error codes are displayed and meetings continue to work normally. It's just a visual distraction. Clicking on them doesn't do anything.

I would attach a screenshot, but it looks like that's not allowed here. I have posted to a Reddit thread which does include a screenshot here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Zoom/comments/1cb4lq3/blue_and_white_arrows_appear_on_top_of_all/

9 REPLIES 9

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @nmanwiller thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Please update your Zoom app to the latest version (Version 6.0.2), restart your device, and try again.

Keep me updated with your findings!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I already mentioned that I have upgraded to the version released yesterday, 6.0.3, and they still appear. The problem began with version 6.0.0. It seems to be only on clients installed on Windows 11 23H2 that this problem occurs. 

Hello Carla,

Steve here, I work IT at a University that uses Zoom. I'm seeing this issue happening on a couple of laptops where we've installed the latest version of Zoom on a brand new machine out of the box that has the latest Windows and driver updates, and the arrows are still appearing. Can you please update on whether Zoom has a known bug/issue and an ETA for a fix? If I can provide any additional logs or information that might help with troubleshooting, please let me know. Thanks!

Hello @CarlaA,

I noticed another update to 6.0.4 was released on Friday. After I updated yesterday, I have had the arrows appear again. Can you address the issue has been identified? There have now been three bug fix releases since the issue arose.

Hello @CarlaA, like @nmanwiller, I eagerly await your reply. 🙂

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi, @nmanwiller @SteveB80 our team continues to investigate. 

I will keep you posted as soon as I know more! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Thanks Carla! We're hopeful for a solution! 😁

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

Please uninstall Zoom, restart your device, then reinstall Zoom to the latest version, and let me know if this resolves your issue. 

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hello @CarlaA,

Unfortunately, this did not work. I uninstalled, rebooted, and then installed version 6.0.4. The arrows still appear shortly after launching Zoom Workplace. I confirmed the Zoom program directory was removed after the uninstall. I did not dig through the registry, local appdata, or local programdata, but this should not be necessary.

Thank you for keeping us updated.