cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File transfer size restricted

Jo121
Listener

I used to be able to upload videos larger than 512 MB in the chat box of a zoom meeting to transfer to someone. As of last week, I am now limited by my "account admin" to files 512 MB or smaller. I have a Pro zoom account. Under account management/account settings/In Meeting (Basic), the only options under "Send files via meeting chat" are to 1) only allow specified file types or 2) set a maximum file size. 

Zoom already capped my maximum file size. How do I remove this limit as the account administrator? 

The only thing that has changed since the last time that I uploaded a larger file to share via a zoom chat is that I now have a new MacBook Air. I can't imagine why that would change anything in my zoom account settings though. 

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

It may be related to your license type. Mine says 2048 MB.

I suggest you open a support ticket.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Frank_TB

It may be related to your license type. Mine says 2048 MB.

I suggest you open a support ticket.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

Jo121
Listener

Thank you very much for sending me the support ticket link. I have looked high and low for it on zoom's website and couldn't find it. I have opened a support ticket. Much appreciated!

Frank_TB

Happy to help.

Good luck!

Frank_TB

Hi, 

We’re you able to resolve this? What was the solution?

thanks

Unfortunately, no. I've had a few back and forth with customer support, but so far what they have suggested to check/try are things I had already tried. I haven't heard from them in a couple of days. But, someone introduced me to WeTransfer that is helping me in the short term.

pavanyuva01
Listener

even am facing the same problem.  in chat zoom is not allowing to send files more than 512mb. raised support also. not getting much help.

Any one resolved this issue. please help

Hi, I'm sorry to not have seen this sooner to reply. Here's what you need to do:

In both the Personal - Settings and Account management - Account settings, scroll down to the place where it says "send files via meeting chat." Make sure this is checked "on". Then, make sure the "only allow specified file types" is off, and check "on" the maximum file size 2048 MB.

For some reason, without checking this "on," zoom maintains a 512mb limit. I submitted this feedback to their support team. Sorry to hear that it hasn't been fixed yet. 

I hope this solution works for you as it did for me.