cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable blur background

Staceyheaven
Listener

Hi all,

I am using an iPad air 3rd gen, even I didn’t turned on blur or any virtual background, the background is still a bit blur, I can see the edge of my silhouette is a bit sharper… anyway to make everything sharp? Thx for your help.

8 REPLIES 8

Staceyheaven
Listener

Zoom screen cap vs camera snapshot 

mckittcl
Listener

I have no solution to suggest. I have the same issue. I KNOW my blur setting is off and have checked every other setting and cannot fix this. I have also tried other platforms and the blur is not there - Google Chat, IMovie. Interestingly, like you said, my image is crystal clear almost as if it is highly focused (like using the fstop on a camera.) But the background is blurred, but not as much as if I have the blur filter in video turned on. 

Is there a "focus" feature on Zoom that allows for the person to be more highly in focus? 

Again, I have a totally clear and focused background in other apps. It is just happening in Zoom. 

Frenchfrye2000
Listener

This “upgrade” seems to have no solution except when I use iPhone for zoom I can turn camera around and use the back camera. As I need to see what’s in the frame for work I have to also sign in to zoom with iPad in order to “see”. 

DDiel
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Holy hell you're a genius! That did it for me! I have been searching for MONTHS for a fix to this blurry background issue. Followed your steps and turned off "portrait" in the settings and it's crystal clear now. Thanks so much!!

I'd never have thought this. I've been dealing with this problem for over a month and was convinced it was a bug in Zoom that it was ignoring my "none" background setting and always applying blur. I've got grey hair and blur makes it disappear and appear frequently on Zoom calls, which others find distracting. I'm not using a Mac but it turns out that there was bloatware on my Lenovo laptop called "Lenovo Smart Appearance" which had accessed my camera on 12th May and that would be when my problems started. My solution was to restore my webcam to factory default settings and uninstall the offending bloatware.

josesol
Listener

I am having the same issue, i've submitted tickets with no response. There seems to be no fix. 
I have my company logo as a water mark and zoom just blurs it out.

Background: None
Apple Portrait Mode: Off

willjoe2442
Participant

After you enable the blurred background, that virtual background will be used for your future meetings. To disable Virtual Background, open the virtual background options again and choose the option None.

Regards,

Will