cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuity Camera on mac/iphone

gerardo_aguilar
Listener

Hey all, just wanted to see if anyone had advice on how to use the new iPhone feature called Continuity Camera (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213244) on mac devices that don't have cameras. I am trying to use the continuity camera feature on zoom with my mac mini. I have the desktop version on my mac and the app on my iPhone. Both have the latest Apple/Zoom software. So my Mac would run zoom while My iPhone would serve as the camera.

8 REPLIES 8

Jameswalter
Participant

Your iPhone must have Continuity Camera turned on in Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff. It's turned on by default. Your iPhone and Mac must be near each other and have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on. Your iPhone must not be sharing its cellular connection and your Mac must not be sharing its internet connection.

ykato
Listener

In my case not really sure why but if you run facetime first and if the iphone recognized from mac then you can use with Zoom. Trying to figure out the way to without using face time 

JPDemers
Listener

On the iPhone, go to Settings->General->AirPlay & Handoff and toggle the Continuity Camera off, give it a few seconds, and toggle it back on.  That seems to work for a large percentage of users (myself included).

Camera has to have the screen locked, and be in landscape mode.  It also has to be stationary; give it 10-15 seconds without motion (verifying that the phone is fixed in place seems to be part of Apple's security setup.)  Once it's recognized, the phone can be moved around.

Thank you! Your description includes information not included in Apple's Help. This works like a charm.

Paul_in_the_Loo
Listener

I could not get Continuity Camera to work until I connect a USB webcam, which I purchased at a resale shop for $5. Now I can use the webcam or Continuity Camera with no problem.

izzymx
Listener

I have the same issue, my environment is Mac Mini running Sonoma 14.1.1 and Zoom Version: 5.16.6 (24664). At the moment to choose my iphone camera I can hear the connected sound chime but the screen is completely black... Any idea?

Hello everybody, I found the solution, please turn off Lockdown mode in both devices your iphone and your Mac and thats it.... take care! 

izzymx
Listener

Hello everybody, I found the solution, please turn off Lockdown mode in both devices your iphone and your Mac and thats it.... take care!