cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for and Downloading latest version

rubygott
Listener

Instructions say to check what version zoom you have go to your profile picture and click help and then about to get to that option.

When I go to my profile picture there is no option for help.  Any suggestions welcome. Trying to determine what is the latest version and download it if I don't have it.  When I go to the download center nothing happens when I try to download 5.9.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rubygott
Listener

You have to be in the Zoom app not on the desktop client.

Once in the Zoom app if you click on your profile picture you

should get the updates option.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @rubygott, are you saying you don't get the option to 'Check for Updates'? You can go to support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233 for more information on updating your Zoom client! Let me know if you need any help throughout the process.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I do not have this option either and need to get this resolved so I can send out to our team.  Any suggestions appreciated.

I am in the same boat. No HELP comes up for me to update to the latest version of zoom. I am going crazy trying to do something that should be so simple!

I do not get a drop down that says" check  for updates" and I do not know how to install the latest update because there is not a simple tutorial. will someone please help?  Mander

bondnj
Listener

not receiving the check updates either ...:(

Zoomed22Out
Listener

when I click on profile picture, this is what i see, that's it.

Zoomed22Out_0-1647534347405.png

mary2828
Listener

I just need to know if I need to download a new version and how to do it.

ZHBC
Listener

Did this ever get resolved; when i click on my icon (via the web interface) I just get my name registered and signout.

it used to be easy to find license versions.  Help!!

Same thing with me.  I get my name, email address, and "signout."  

rubygott
Listener

I think so but don't recall what I did.

CathyC
Listener

Same problem.  I presume that it is not resolved, and none of us can find the version information?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi all, 

If you do not see the Check for Updates option on the desktop client, this could mean one of 2 things: 

• You are running Zoom on a managed device and your IT admin has disable this ability to update. 
  • You have installed the admin version of the installer (MSI instead of EXE), which has the ability to check for updates disabled by default. 

Based on some of the responses, be sure to check the desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux. Some may be looking for the ability to check for updates on the the PWA, the web portal, or scheduling extensions, none of which would have that ability. 

Let me know if anyone has additional questions! 

Hi Bort, I am the Admin but don't recall turning off updates. Is there a tutorial to help me check further? We're running on Windows. Preferably something in non-IT language with pictures. 🤔

Bort

Unfortunately, this is pretty much all IT admin stuff, so we don't have any official documentation in layman's terms. 

If you're able, I'd suggest contacting our Support team, who can help you investigate why this is happening on your end. 

If possible, it might be easier and quicker to also just uninstall and reinstall. 

My browser version now gives me only audio, no video, no chat etc. I do not see an option to update.  When try to update with new Installer, nothing changes. When i open my account I get a message "Your app needs to be 5.10.3 or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to upgrade your app." I have a personal account. When I looked at Properties on the Installer, it shows that as Owner I have permissions, not just via System or Adminsitrators.

sheilajgw
Listener

Same problem -- I am working from a private computer on which I hold zoom meetings from time to time.  I haven't turned anything off, and I don't have the option of upgrading.  What do you suggest?

Bort

Honestly, best option is likely to uninstall the Zoom app from your computer, give it a quick restart, then download and install the newest version from here: https://zoom.us/download

It may sound like a lot, but the time we could spend on troubleshooting to figure out the issue and fix it, honestly, would be the same, if not more. Uninstall, restart, and re-install should only take a few minutes. 

KLGilmore
Listener

I'll give it a try tomorrow and let everyone know.  

KLGilmore
Listener

So I discovered something that could help some of you. I was checking for updates on my profile through the website which gives me only the option to sign out. When I opened just the App on my desktop, I discovered that is where the Check for Updates is under the profile. 

Still didn't help me much as somewhere the automatic update has been turned off and I can't find it to turn it back on as the Admin, but maybe it will help some of the rest of you.

KLGilmore
Listener

Hope this helps everyone.

For the IT Admin (owner), this article shows how to turn on Automatic Updates for your team: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4407927084429-Enabling-Automatically-Update-App 

Uninstalling and reinstalling will update to the newest version - here's how to download: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4415294177549-Downloading-the-Zoom-desktop-client-and-mobi... 

I was having issues uninstalling but Carlos via Chat Support was able to figure out the issue and sent me a CleanZoom to do the uninstall. Everything seems to be working properly now. I did also have to reinstall the Outlook plug-in for setting up meetings in my calendar.

zoomerang
Listener

I think they mean in the ZOOM app. You're correct it doesn't show on a browser.

Bort

Hi everyone, 

There have been so many responses and questions, it would be hard to address them all individually, so I'll try my best to do this in one larger response. 

• Checking for updates must be done on the desktop Zoom app, as shown in @RN 's response. This cannot be accessed in the Zoom web page or Zoom community page, only the desktop app. 
    • If you are looking on this page, you are on the Zoom website: 
      Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.54.22.png
    • If you are looking on this page, you are on the Zoom Community website: 
      Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.53.54.png
    • Either of these are not where to check for updates. Check the next item to see how to find and open the desktop client.
  • To check for updates,  open your list of applications on your computer (Start menu for Windows, Applications folder for macOS), and find the Zoom.us app there. Once the app is open and you've signed-in, look for the Check for Updates option, as shown below: 
    76d1b67f-f0c3-49b3-9d44-8d80f3afaaf5.default.png
    • If you do not see this option, it is either because:

• your IT team has disabled this from their end (very likely)

• you somehow installed the admin installer (less likely), which has that option disabled by default. 

• If you don't have an IT team and this should appear for you, I'd suggest uninstalling the Zoom app from your computer, give the computer a quick restart, and then download and install the latest version from https://zoom.us/download
    • If are having issues with uninstalling on Windows, use this clean uninstaller, which removes more than a standard uninstall: https://assets.zoom.us/docs/msi-templates/CleanZoom.zip

Hope that helps, but if you are still having issues, let me know or reach out to Zoom Support. 

levgram
Listener

same problem. on my computer, i click my photo, no HELP shows up. get with it Zoom. What's the solution to finding what version I have EASILY!!!!!!!!!!! COMMUNITY, PLEASE HELP. ZOOM INSTRUCTIONS ARE USELESS.

Bort

Would you mind providing a screenshot of what you are seeing instead of the Check for Updates options. We can only help you if we have a better idea of what you are seeing and experiencing on your end. 

Bort  I am sorry.  I don't know how to manage this zoom community thing.  I want to find out if my zoom is up to date on my chromebook; plus why my students cannot hear my video share  thanks N3

Bort

Hi @N3 

If you are using Zoom on a Chromebook, the best way to ensure that you have the latest Zoom version installed is to simply restart the Chromebook entirely. During the restart process, any available updates should be installed. 

As for your issue with video sharing, I'd have to know more information about the situation to be able to effectively help. Are they all on Chromebooks as well? Are you correctly sharing the video with audio in Zoom? 

N3
Listener

Hi I am not even sure what is what.  I am a tutor on line   I want to know  why my students can't hear my video shares.  Plus  how can I update my zoom  on chromebook.?  I want to see if it is on my end.  I don't even know if my chromebook is updated.  HELP   N3

cliftonbob
Listener

Bort,  I was able to follow your ‎2022-08-01 12:30 PM instructions. The message box seemed to complete the downloading part to the process abut gives me the message below when into the install process for a short time.  Retrying did not work.  Error message is included below.

I have a Mac Retina 4K 2017 with an EnvoyPro 480GB SSD running as the "System "Disk" (Sorry I forgot the official name, but it's the main disc, replacing the internal 'slow' disk,  iOS is Ventura 13.0  What should I do to update?  

By the way this update is being pursued because as moderator I was told my audio is garbled.  Neve had that complaint before.

Bort

Hi @cliftonbob 

This is related to an issue with the new macOS Ventura release that is causing issues with updating. This thread has more information: Mac Ventura 13.0 

rubygott
Listener

You have to do this on the Zoom app, not on the browser.

rubygott
Listener

Updating the version needs to be done in the app on your desktop, not on the browser.

Click on your profile picture in the app and updates should be available.

"Zoom Updates" option doesn't show any longer on my desktop client. Somewhere on the thread someone suggested it would be in my settings in "General" tab. It isn't there either. 

2022OnlineMeeti
Listener

I get messages to upgrade to latest version of Zoom when I join a session, but then it won't let me upgrade.  So, I miss some of the screen sharing.

maiting1
Listener

I am having the same problem!

rubygott
Listener

You have to be in the Zoom app not on the desktop client.

Once in the Zoom app if you click on your profile picture you

should get the updates option.

I like to work from my PC.  I don't understand the difference between 'desktop client' and 'app', unless you're telling me I have to do it from my phone. 

thanks for any help

Desktop client is logging into zoom on your browser; app is downloading the zoom app and logging in from there.  The zoom app on your computer...not on your phone.  

N3
Listener

Thanks   I still wonder if it is because i have Basic.  Does zoom act this way on computers that are not chromebook?  thanks  N3

rubygott
Listener

Yes, works on computers that are not Chromebooks.  And works with Basic.