cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer schedule recurring meetings with personal id

WJSPortocol
Listener

I understand that we can no longer schedule recurring meetings using our personal meeting id.  Until recently, I never experienced this limitation.  I would just like to register my disappointment with this change.  My clients all know that all of my Outlook calendar invitations have always carried the same personal i.d., and now I cannot continue on that basis.  Zoom says our personal I.D. should be reserved for "unscheduled meetings" but nearly all of my meetings are recurring.  I wish we could return to the way this worked before.  

24 REPLIES 24

Jameswalter
Participant

For a better experience, see the Zoom add-on for Google Calendar (web or mobile) or Outlook (desktop or web) if you use one of these calendar services to schedule meetings.
Recurring meetings with a fixed recurrence patterns (daily, weekly, monthly) cannot be scheduled with your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) since your PMI is reserved so that you can start or schedule a meeting at anytime, similar to a no-fixed-time recurring meeting. 
When scheduling a recurring meeting in Google Calendar or in Outlook, the resulting Zoom meeting will always be created as a no-fixed-time recurring meeting. The resulting calendar event can then be scheduled with whichever recurrence pattern you choose, but that recurrence pattern will not be reflected on the Zoom side. 
Meetings can have up to 50 recurring sessions, so if you need more than 50 recurrences, use the No Fixed Time option.

Regards,
James

This policy makes no sense. What is the reason for limiting our personal ID to only one-time meetings? What's the logic behind this?

coachphil
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I am in total agreement I have enjoyed this feature it made life much easier the update is a disaster... I have a hack but it takes time and is not efficient. I hope that Zoom gets this back to allow us to choose PMI in recurring meetings

This is ridiculous. There is only one me. I can only have one zoom meeting at the same time. If there would be a conflict, I would expect zoom to tell me when scheduling. 

RabbiHolzman
Listener

james, please explain better as it's so annoying to not been able scheduling a recurring meeting with personal ID.    really frustrating!

RabbiHolzman
Listener

Indeed !

DBoyd
Listener

I too am frustrated by the inability to schedule recurring meetings with the PMI - we have a long standing meeting that now either needs to get a new meeting ID (very confusing for everyone) or we have to schedule a meeting for every day of the year in order to continue using the same PMI.

coachphil
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I am in total agreement I have enjoyed this feature it made life much easier the update is a disaster... I have a hack but it takes time and is not efficient. I hope that Zoom gets this back to allowing us to choose PMI in recurring meetings

coachphil
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I am in total agreement I have enjoyed this feature it made life much easier the update is a disaster... I have a hack but it takes time and is not efficient. I hope that Zoom gets this back to allowing us to choose PMI in recurring meetings

JimPolous
Listener

Adding my displeasure to this change. It's May 2023, and we were still able to do this up to two weeks ago.  

Staff member added a new employee to the meeting and the original invitees kept the PMI invite and the new invitee and the host had a generated one. Zoom web showed BOTH meetings at the same time. Try to fix it by "removing" the Zoom of the randomly generated email and Zoom CANCELS the meeting and now Zoom and Outlook are out of sync that way to.

Had to cancel all occurrences of all meetings, email 30 people including the entire Board of Directors and numerous committee members that a Zoom glitch required us to cancel and resend the invites as non-recurring meetings for each month (instead of one recurring meeting)  , which in turn sent Outlook meeting cancellations to all and new appointments to all so each of 30 people received 4 actionable messages and now our staff has to deal with the fallout from Why.

Yes. Long story short: its a mess. 

lynnW
Listener

So frustrated this morning.  I tried to update an existing recurring meeting with my clients.  The existing meeting utilised my personal ID.  The updated meeting suddenly changes to another ID.  This is going to course absolute confusion as they always link via my personal code.  Please urgently confirm when this feature will return to ZOOM? THIS IS URGENT!

James_LF
Listener

I have nothing new to add, but it is such a HUGE disruption of AUTOMATICALLY changing the ID and associated call in number.  I'm experiencing the exact same issues noted above.  I further checked with one of my end-users, and they only have the PMI version in their calendar not this new auto-generated ID number.  So it begs the question, who got the new ID, and who still has the original one (my PMI)?  Truly crappy, especially for existing recurring PMI meetings that need slight modifications as one goes along (one-offs, updating the body, adding/removing folks).  My real frustration is that it is AUTOMATIC, AFTER I hit send.  not before.  If I could fix it before it went out (back to the PMI) I would, but it doesn't allow that opportunity.

@James_LF wrote:

I have nothing new to add, but it is such a HUGE disruption of AUTOMATICALLY changing the ID and associated call in number.  I'm experiencing the exact same issues noted above.  I further checked with one of my end-users, and they only have the PMI version in their calendar not this new auto-generated ID number.  So it begs the question, who got the new ID, and who still has the original one (my PMI)?  Truly crappy, especially for existing recurring PMI meetings that need slight modifications as one goes along (one-offs, updating the body, adding/removing folks).  My real frustration is that it is AUTOMATIC, AFTER I hit send.  not before.  If I could fix it before it went out (back to the PMI) I would, but it doesn't allow that opportunity.

Exactly that is my point i am so frustrated. I hope they allow us and change their policies

ellie02
Listener

I agree with all the others. I found this incredibly frustrating. PLEASE PLEASE change it back!

FM1945
Listener

I add my displeasure to this change in policy.  It makes no sense to me.  

FM1945
Listener

Good news - I figured out an easy workaround.  

1. Initiate a Zoom call from your Personal ID.  
  2. Paste the information in a Word File or in Outlook (I have it in Outlook Drafts)
  3. Go to the Outlook Calendar.  Set up the meeting that is to recur.
  4. Add the Zoom information that you have saved.
  5. Send the recurring invitation to ALL.
  6. It works.

Open to learning about a simpler way.

Cheers.

FM1945

Hi FM1945,

Can you report back on whether the meeting ID stays the same or changes after you edit one of the recurrences?  That's the real crux of the issue - not setting up recurring meetings with PID, but that once you edit one of the instances, it automatically generates a new ID...that now not everyone has...

James LF.  Good point.  I suggest that all check to ensure that the PID does not get changed by Zoom.    FM1945

In other words: dont use the zoom outlook plug in, but just copy paste your zoom PMI into the invite location field. 

jbcstaff
Listener

When will Zoom change this back?  This request is not a security issue!  We need to be able to setup our weekly church service RECURRING meetings with our Personal Metting ID!!

CWMHall
Listener

Why have a PMI if you can't us with recurring meetings?  Is this a business model to generate profits later to pose this option as a "feature" and then charge for it?  Users have recurring meetings daily and it is highly inefficient to have to send out invites and links for recurring meetings and for individuals you don't mind having your PMI.  I with WJSPortocol in registering a huge disappointment in not being able to use PMI with recurring meetings... highly inefficient and ineffective and a time waster....

Agree with your sentiment.  You have offered one reason for the change.  It would be neat if someone from Zoom shared their rationale for instituting this policy with the users.  FM1945

aminlb
Listener

To add my voice, if by their reason they want to keep a personal id for one-off meetings, it begs to answer could you actually have two meetings going at the same time anyway? Secondly, if this logic remains, why not offer to PMI- one for one-offs and one for recurring meetings? I don't; know. It makes no sense, especially if you can't have more than one meeting at the same time anyway.