cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera flickering

beanburger199
Listener

Hi

i downloaded the newest Version of zoom yesterday and since then have had issues with the camera when on zoom. This is the case for multiple cameras - it sticks and flickers and the only thing I can do is turn it off and on yet it does the same after a few moments so the process is repeated.  It flickers and goes bright and crazy! I have never had a problem like this before. 

I have the same problem on multiple browsers on my laptop.  
I have the same issue on different cameras on the same device. 
My camera works on Skype and Facebook video call but not zoom. 
i have checked the flicker frequency on zoom and it is 50 hz. 

What has happened and can you offer any advice please? 

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JohnLwx
Listener

My wife did the same. The camera flickered after downloading a Zoom update. After testing, we found the problem. Go to Video, and then Advanced. Uncheck "Optimize video quality with de-noise". It worked for her, and it might for you.

View solution in original post

Bobbyk1227
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi All! I have been informed that version 5.13.5, which was release just now, should resolve the video glitches observed in the previous releases. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

feliciaperry42
Listener

I am also having the same issue! im not understanding why tech suport isn't available? 

turning off the de-noise in the advanced video features has also worked so far. worth a try

Do you mean turn off "optimise video quality with denoise"? 

yes make sure it is unticked

Hi there...I´ve got a windows 7 OS 32 bit rebuilt to windows 10 64 bit. Turning off the de-noise in the advanced video features immediately corrected the issue. I tested it this morning. Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it.

beanburger199
Listener

Oh no. Is yours since an update? I really don’t know what to do. 

Yes!! I downloaded an older Verizon and so far it’s working! 

How did you find an older version? I deleted mine after I upgraded (lesson learned).  It happens on client 5.13 and 5.13.3  - haven't seen a fix yet

https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.10650/ZoomInstallerFull.exe 
is what I used to get the previous version back. Hope that works. 

they are saying:     seems that turning off the de-noise in the advanced video features has worked so far. worth a try

I also downloaded the older version and haven't had a problem since!! Thank you 😊

Problem seems to be introduced in version 5.13.3, but is not fixed in 5.13.4 -- reinstall v 5.12.9 for a temp fix.  Support has not weighed in yet so I suspect they don't know why it's happening yet.  We have about 200 daily zoom users and only about 10 of us are experiencing the problems -- different laptops, different versions of windows.  so it is probabably a hard one to pinpoint.  1 community member said 5.13.4 fixed it but I still have the problem on patch 4.

beanburger199
Listener

Oh wow! Thanks for the advice. I will give it a go. 

Bobbyk1227
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Zoom Support! I am helping @beanburger199 on this issue. They are using Zoom Version 5.13.0.11216 for Windows.

We are going to try to uninstall and re-install Zoom again hoping that a clean install will help.

If that does not resolve the issue, I see references to downgrade to a previous version (e.g., November 28, 2022 version 5.12.9 (10650)); but, how do we go about doing this again? I can't seem to find an option from the Download Center

Thanks for any help!

Thall1988
Listener

I downloaded the older version 5.12.9 and it works great hopefully there will be a patch to fix it soon

Bobbyk1227
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Brilliant @Thall1988 ! I found the download here:  https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.10650/ZoomInstallerFull.exe. Cheers and happy holidays!!

Thank you so much Bobbyk1227!  I was trying all sorts of things and delving into HP unknown territory settings and it was an issue with Zoom download!  I missed teaching an online class due to the issue.  On the plus side though I thought it was my laptop camera and some kindly gave me a webcam!  Anyway with your help and the new webcam I've never looked so shiny and new!  Thanks loads

Deleted the latest Zoom software and then re-installed from this link .

The flickering flashing green lights etc issue is now fixed 🙂

vtremblayb
Listener

Exact same issue after 5.13 update on 2 different win10 laptops.

booker
Listener

wow! I have the exact same problem with newest version of zoom. 

thanks for this information. i have downgraded to 5.12.9 and now working fine! 

much appreciated. 

now, i want to know when i can upgrade to the current version 😛

jbrandeis
Listener

Same issue with flickering.  Will download the older version.  Thank you

Dclaybo
Listener

Having the same issue. Its Jan 2023. I host several meetings and i guess i will have to downgrade to the older version also. Zoom, please get a patch for this. Its very annoying

KellyMS
Listener

I too was having the same issue. Except it wasn't my camera it was some of my student's cameras. I'm an online teacher and after we returned from break things were going crazy. After several days of troubleshooting, it seems that turning off the de-noise in the advanced video features has worked so far.

Thanks Kelly for your input. Zoom website and help can be lacking.

I will keep that in mind as a potential fix if it comes again.

Downloading the older version fixed it until Zoom auto updated 

which then brought the same problem back'

Turning off auto updates was not as simple as advice given was confusing from Zoom. If you click on the settings cog in the zoom app once launched under the picture icon select general and untick Zoom updates this can work . 

You cant untick it when signing into your account at Zoom.us as links are not there . Zoom makes things difficult sometimes.

Thanks for this. I am going to try that now as mine did an auto update the other day to the latest patch and I didn’t realise until the crazy green camera returned in my online lesson! 

also they are saying:     seems that turning off the de-noise in the advanced video features has worked so far. worth a try

cihanata_1
Listener

hi,

ı have the same problem with V5.13.3 , downgrade to V5.12.9 solved the problem. It has been causing great difficulty.

seems that turning off the de-noise in the advanced video features has worked so far. worth a try

JohnLwx
Listener

My wife did the same. The camera flickered after downloading a Zoom update. After testing, we found the problem. Go to Video, and then Advanced. Uncheck "Optimize video quality with de-noise". It worked for her, and it might for you.

Thank you for your help. I will re-update it and try that fix. I will also pass it along. Its happening in many of my meetings, to several other people

Unchecked "de-noise" and no more flicker!!! Thanks!!

Bobbyk1227
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi All! I have been informed that version 5.13.5, which was release just now, should resolve the video glitches observed in the previous releases. Hope this helps!

İmportant: hi,

The new release did NOT solve the problem for me. But unchecking "improve video with de-noise" option in settings>video>advanced section did solve it since the beginning.

Thank you! It has worked for me. Hope it will help a lot of others! 

Upgrading (now on 5.13.6) solved it for me too. 

Changing the video de-noise option had no effect. 

As documentation: The problem began after upgrading in early January to 5.13.2. It showed up as a screen flicker and loss of color in the video feed, and a lag in the video. It would spontaneously resolve, recover for a little while and then re-appear. So not continuous but frequent enough to be quite distracting.

rew1mac
Listener

Flicker problem started after updating Zoom client. 

PC has latest firmware and drivers for video etc.

Processor diagnostics run, all functions normal. 

Flicker problem is only with Zoom. 

Other video systems such as Skype work smoothly. 

seems that turning off the de-noise in the advanced video features has worked so far. worth a try