cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurred background requirements

staceyarmishaw
Listener

Hi there, hoping someone can help. I've recently started a new job which relies on Zoom alot and my current laptop doesn't allow blurred backgrounds (AMD Athlon Silver 3050u) which I would really prefer to be able to have turned on. 

I'm looking at new laptops currently not only for this reason by also because my current one isn't handling the different tasks required of the job (multiple tabs open on browers, a few different systems at once etc.

I can't work out from the FAQs if either of these processers will allow blurred background (these are the two laptops I'm looking at that are within my price range)

Intel Core i5-1135G7 and Intel i7-1195G7. I've managed to work out they are both generation 11 from Google but otherwise can't work it out if it will support blurred background or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Jameswalter
Participant

Open the Settings app.

Click System.

In the left-side navigation menu, scroll down and click About.

You will see device specifications listed.

Next to Processor, the generation of your processor can be determined by the first digit (or two) of the processor number that appears after the hyphen (-), while the remaining 3 digits are the model number. For example, an Intel i7-6700 is the 700 model of the 6th generation of i7 processors.

Note: For Windows 11 users, the generation appears before the processor name. For example, 11th Gen Intel i7-1185.