cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background filters gone from Windows settings?

ExDC
Listener

As of the last update or so I have been unable to apply any background filters - the "Backgrounds and filters" option in the general settings and on the video settings pop-up in the meeting window is now "Backgrounds and effects" - and there is no way to apply (or even find) filters.  Is there something I can set to bring back the filters!  I routinely applied a color to the  screen to increase visibility for viewers. Online troubleshooting still gives instructions as if the option were still "Backgrounds and filters" BTW.

10 REPLIES 10

ExDC
Listener

Sorry, this is not a question of backgrounds themselves - pictures and videos. The issue is FILTERS, particularly "color filters".  Until recently, the menu item was "Backgrounds and Filters" - and next to the link for "virtual backgrounds" was a "background filters" link which allowed you to apply a coloring - sepia or black and white, for example - or silly things (put yourself in a TV screen e.g.) . Now there's no "background filters" option at all, and the menu item is "Backgrounds and Effects" -- there's no link for 'background filters" anywhere that I can find and "Studio Effects" (makeup, beards etc) has been elevated. But "Virtual backgrounds" remain as before. That's not the problem.

I am experiencing the exact issue now. They were there before. I dont need a wacky beard. I need to adjust the color temperature of the video with sepia etc. 

There is no way I can find to access support. Even though I pay for a licensed account they wont even give me a live chat option.

Same issue for the last 2 months.

Paid user.

Tried all online suggestions.

Nothing.

And no way to contact Zoom.  Sort of insulting, honestly.

ExDC
Listener

Try email to support at zoomus dot zendesk dot com - but don't expect a solution.  I eventually got the answer "We don't offer that feature in your region."  Only problem: my "region" is Chicago, and friends in Oregon, California and New York still have the video filters feature.  It's laughable. To excuse them slightly, one of my responses on the thread was sent while I was in Europe. But when I pointed out once back in the US that the problem arose before I left the US and continued after I returned, they repeated the regional discrimination answer.  
Somehow I don't think they have degraded service to Chicago!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @willjoe2442 @ExDC @michaelmyers312 @GPorcaro not all Zoom features are available in all regions and at all account levels. If you do not see a specific feature, you may not have access to use it.

Suggest looking into the following Knowledge Base articles for more info: 

1. Enhancing your video in Zoom (note is listed in Prerequisites section)
  2. Using Avatars in meetings (note is listed in Prerequisites section)
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

ExDC
Listener

With due respect to the others address by @RN I don't accept this as a "solution" unless you can say specifically that the video filters feature is not available in Chicago, Illinois, USA - that's my "region", and I had it until about 4 weeks ago or so.  Tell me that video filters are not available in Chicago, but are available in Portland, Oregon, New York City, and Washington, DC (where I have colleagues who do have the feature) and I will accept this as a solution.  Otherwise, there's a software bug somewhere that Zoom's not interested in finding. And are you saying that if I change the address on my account to one of those cities, the feature will come back??

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ExDC @michaelmyers312 @GPorcaro 

Thank you for asking about this issue. We are continually evolving our platform and our features, and the feature you’ve identified is not currently available to your account in your region. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

So... it WAS available to us @ExDC , in Chicago, for 3 years...  (I used if for those 3 years)...

and then a few months ago, Zoom decided to SPECIFICALLY REMOVE IT FROM CHICAGO, is what @RN  is trying to convince us happened?

@RN  You cannot be serious.

I, along with the OP both live in Chicago. But when I was in Dallas, yesterday... it did not work on my computer.  When I was in Los Angeles this week, it didn't work on my computer, although everyone else's computers worked.  When in NYC, it did not work.

If you are an AI bot, just say so.

if you are a human, think for a second... would they turn OFF a feature, specifically for 1 major city (#3 in the US) that has been on for 3 years?

Highly, highly, highly unlikely.

ExDC
Listener

Full disclosure: Almost 2 months after that last post I have received an email that @RN has edited my post - but I have no idea how or why, and can't identify the difference if any. The reason on the email is "Community Cleanup - Topics".  So you are on notice, we have been cleaned up! <g> But still no video filters. Hope springs eternal...

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ExDC we have done some rearranging and updating of Topic usage in the community within discussions, as to why you received an email. Furthermore, on my reply above is the only internal information I have to the feature within your region, apologies on any inconvenience this may've caused. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his