cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to go Live in a Facebook Group

ejconversieclub
Newcomer
Newcomer

When I click on "go live on facebook" in zoom, the only 2 options mentioned on the "Live stream Zoom Meeting to Facebook Live" page are :

- share on your own timeline

- share to a page

There is no group option as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Important:

- I already enabled the "Allow livestreaming of meetings" in the advanced meeting setting (including facebook).

- We have the app in our Facebook group.

- I am an admin of the group.

But the group itself probably isn't the problem anyway, because I can't even select "share to a group" in zoom.

(besides, I am admin of multiple groups with the zoom app installed and have used it in the past).

Of the 3 admins of the group, my businesspartner has the same problem in his account. The other one can go live in groups.

I hope someone can help solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

EJ

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ejconversieclub
Newcomer
Newcomer

Solution: When you go to the share page that opens when you click "go live on facebook" in zoom.

below the page in small letters it says: To revoke the access to your data via the Facebook security settings  page.

click on it, follow the instructions and "share to group" appears.

View solution in original post

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer

It is no longer allowes to go live in facebook groups and further limitations are coming

About Facebook Live

There are three ways to broadcast live video on Facebook:

You can go live from a Page or profile and invite your friends and followers to go live with you. Live videos can be shared to groups or live events that you create.

Our policies for going live on Facebook are changing to align with industry standards. To ensure that Live continues to be a helpful tool, starting on 10 June 2024, your account must meet these requirements before you can go live:

• Your account must be at least 60 days old.
  • Your Page or professional profile must have at least 100 followers.
  • To go live from a Page, you need to have Facebook access or task access to create content.

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/216491699144904?id=1123223941353904

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ejconversieclub
Newcomer
Newcomer

Solution: When you go to the share page that opens when you click "go live on facebook" in zoom.

below the page in small letters it says: To revoke the access to your data via the Facebook security settings  page.

click on it, follow the instructions and "share to group" appears.

Kristi83
Newcomer
Newcomer

I can click share to a group but then I only have two group options. They are not the ones I want to go live into. I don't know how to add the group I want to go live into???

ExpertswhoJohn

It is no longer allowes to go live in facebook groups and further limitations are coming

About Facebook Live

There are three ways to broadcast live video on Facebook:

You can go live from a Page or profile and invite your friends and followers to go live with you. Live videos can be shared to groups or live events that you create.

Our policies for going live on Facebook are changing to align with industry standards. To ensure that Live continues to be a helpful tool, starting on 10 June 2024, your account must meet these requirements before you can go live:

• Your account must be at least 60 days old.
  • Your Page or professional profile must have at least 100 followers.
  • To go live from a Page, you need to have Facebook access or task access to create content.

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/216491699144904?id=1123223941353904