cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Exceptions

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

If bringing in a  guest outside our organization and I send them a Zoom link via the email I enter in the authentication exception option when scheduling a meeting, does the user I'm inviting need to have a Zoom account linked to that email address?  Do they need the Zoom app?

Are there any limitations on people invited to a meeting this way, either as regular participant or elevated to co-host?  Whether joining from app or web?

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

kjhartma,

Welcome to the community!

Your guest will need to have a Zoom account associated to the email you use, even if it is a free account, since the exception logic validates that the user is signed in used the email you added.  They can use either the web or the desktop client, although the web client is more limited in some functionality.

If this answers your question, please click on 'Accept as Solution' below.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

colegs

kjhartma,

Welcome to the community!

Your guest will need to have a Zoom account associated to the email you use, even if it is a free account, since the exception logic validates that the user is signed in used the email you added.  They can use either the web or the desktop client, although the web client is more limited in some functionality.

If this answers your question, please click on 'Accept as Solution' below.

Thanks.

This does not appear to be the case.  The invitation received by the user does not require that they authenticate with a Zoom account at all.  My testing indicates they can join a session anonymously.  Furthermore, that same link can be shared and used by multiple people who can then join the session anonymously.  Is there a setting that forces authentication that I'm not seeing?

kjhartma

Just double checking on this since it's almost a year old and this is starting to come up at the university I work for:  If I use an authentication exception to invite a guest speaker to a meeting, they need to have a Zoom account associated with the email I enter in for the authentication exception.  Is that still correct?

Thank You.