cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio announcing that screen share has been started by host

RonLovesMath
Listener

When Zooming my last student.  Each time I shared screen (A verbal message came on, something like "The host R Louchart has shared his screen"...this has never happened before, neither my client or I could figure out what had made that happen.

PLEASE HELP ...lol

2 REPLIES 2

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

it sounds like you have Screen Reader alerts turned on,  Zoom has this ability. In addition, most computer  operating systems have some version of this as well.

Screen reader alerts allow you to hear custom announcements using your screen reader whenever specific actions are performed in Zoom, such as when the host has muted audio, when closed captioning is available, or when you have received an IM chat message. You can manage which alerts you want the screen reader to announce.  using your screen reader whenever specific actions are performed in Zoom, such as when the host has muted audio, when closed captioning is available, or when you have received an IM chat message. You can manage which alerts you want the screen reader to announce. 

Here is a link to the Zoom support document that describes this feature :

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360048870451-Using-screen-reader-alerts 

How to enable or disable screen reader alerts

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture, then click Settings.
  3. Click the Accessibility tab.
  4. Select the check box next to each alert to enable or disable it.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

tedmorgan
Listener

any help? I've unchecked all of the boxes. Rebooted Zoom and still it announces all actions (e.g. shared screen, stopped shared screen, etc.).