cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version issue but only when using Windows PC. Not Samsung phone or Apple iPad

sjeffs
Listener

Recently I have been unable to log into my Zoom account directly using my Windows PC to start or join Zoom meetings. When I try to log in I get an error message saying:-

"Your app version needs to be 5.11.4 or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to update your app."

I am a private user so I don't have an IT team to contact. (I am the IT team and the user 😁)

I am however able to log into my account using the Zoom app my Samsung phone and also using the Zoom app on my Apple iPad. I have tried downloading the latest version of Zoom to my PC but it does not address the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? 

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi sjeffs,

enter https://zoom.us/download in your browser and Enter.  you should get you to the Download Center

Eliot_0-1686623333382.png

this downloads the ZoomInstallerFull.

Next: Click Open file.  This runs the installer.

Eliot_1-1686623468198.png

You should see the Zoom Installer screen.  

Eliot_2-1686623636913.png

wait until the installer finishes and then sign in as usual to the Zoom Windows Client.

thanks,  eliot

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I tried doing what you wrote 5 times but still get the same error message : "Your app version needs to be 5.11.4 or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to update your app."

Could the only solution be to un-install Zoom from my laptop and then install it with the new version? Or maybe reboot the computer first and then see if that updates the app? Thoughts?

Eliot

hi sjeffs,

i have not run into this issue.

maybe uninstalling zoom first will allow you to re-install zoom windows client.

windows->settings->apps->installed apps->zoom ... Uninstall.

thanks,  eliot

It worked! I uninstalled the older version of Zoom and installed the latest one from the Download center. All good now. Thanks.

Eliot

hi sjeffs,

happy to hear it worked.

thanks, eliot