cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-1 but have time limit of 40 mins

JLCnT
Listener

This issue only started recently. When I have a zoom meeting with 1-1, the time limit is only 40 mins. I am aware using this happens to group meetings. Can anything advise how to troubleshoot?

3 REPLIES 3

Mr_Zoomtastic
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @JLCnT,

Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes. This change creates a uniform 40-minute meeting duration limit for all meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts, including group meetings and one-on-one meetings.

For more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-Free-account-meeting-duration-changes#:~:tex....

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

With the obscene amount of profit that Zoom makes, it is a travesty that the 30-hour limit has been discontinued for 1:1 virtual conversations. I suppose this is the company equivalent of removing the rent moratorium, because "obviously" the pandemic has ended and everyone is now "back to normal".

Please, Zoom, have a heart. Have some compassion. Be a good corporate citizen and bring back the 30-hour limit for 1:1 users. We're not here to do business for free; rather, we're here to keep in contact with family and friends while struggling financially, socially, and otherwise.

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @JLCnT! If the reply posted by @Mr_Zoomtastic is helpful, don't forget to click the Accept as Solution button below 😊