cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't disconnect Otter.ai

Linda-G
Listener

I am trying to connect zoom to ReStream.io and I previously had integrated with Otter.ai. I disconnected otter.ai, took the zoom app off of my account. Now everytime I try to select livestream with RTMP it says it is "connected to livestream...but it it not- it's still trying to talk to otter.ai! Soooo frustrated. Anyone know what i am doing wrong?

I can't seem to find the original fill in the blanks for the url and streaming code. The input options are gone under the livestreaming option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karlalang
Listener

Here is what Otter.ai sent me from my support question in January 2023.  It took 5 months to respond. Before I received this, I completely deleted the app off of everything and unsubscribed. 

Alchilyn Robles (Otter.ai)

May 30, 2023, 4:59 PM PDT

Hi Karla,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. I'd be happy to assist you with this.

We're sorry to hear about what happened. To make sure that this will not happen again, you need to make sure that OtterPilot is disabled. To do this, please follow the steps below:

To disable OtterPilot from automatically joining your meetings.
  1. Sign in to your Otter account.
  2. Navigate to Account settings by clicking on your name in the top left.
  3. Click on the Meetings tab.
  4. In the OtterPilot section, disable Auto-join all meetings. OtterPilot will no longer auto-join your upcoming meetings.

karlalang_0-1685543349639.jpeg

The photo above should be what your meetings tab looks like to make sure all settings are disabled.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or if you have any clarifications. I'll be glad to help.

Have a nice day!

Thank you,

Alchilyn Robles
Otter.ai Support Team

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Zoom415
Listener

Otter.ai is violating privacy of people.  I had to boot it from a meeting that was sharing HIPPA data.  Our account does not use Otter.ai, however someone who joined the zoom did and the otter.ai automatically joined without permission from the user or from our group.  The person then told me that otter.ai was joining all the meetings on their calendar even if they did not join that meeting.  I run meetings that are sensitive and confidential in nature and this person is cancelling their Otter.ai account due to this incident.  I have reported otter.ai to the DHCS for HIPPA violations and privacy violations.  DO NOT USE THIS TOOL.

Indeed, this is a really important issue when the bot joins the call without consent.

I don't know Otter's settings, but Meetgeek has the toggle to join or not to join, really well displayed. And you can also enable it to join only the meetings where you are the host.

I also found this problem.  Otter joined to all zoom calls in my calendar that I did not even attend!! Definitely an invasion of privacy.  I deleted Otter entirely off my phone, and it is still entering my zoom calls.  I am trying to figure out how to disconnect it from zoom.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I was really annoyed by otter.ai It sent on my behalf a mail to all participants to a zoom meeting telling them about the notes of the meeting (very confidential), without notifying me or asking for any kind of aknowledgement. Worse even, otter.ai started to operate on other zoom accounts of the participants. I deleted my account on the website and then went in my google security settings and saw that the software had access to my calendar. I removed that access. I hope it will be the last time I hear about this invasive app! Do not use otter.ai!!! 

Was that what worked please

What Alexis82 said is what I did and it worked.  If you used Outlook instead of google, maybe try to see if otter is connected through an outlook integration.  Yikes Otter is bad stuff.

Karlalang-same.  I attended a zoom meeting about six weeks ago. Showing as attending was something called Cheryl.Otter.ai.  no one seemed to know who that was but thought it was a colleague zooming in from her car.  I clicked something - don't remember what and there was a transcription program recording our meeting conversation.  After the meeting i received an email saying Cheryl (and her correct last name) recommends Otter.ai transcript program.  I clicked on it to see what she was recommending.  Somewhere in this event, I was ambushed by Otter.ai.  I did not agree to an account but every zoom meeting i attend now  Bobbi.Otter.ai shows up and i have to ask the meeting organizer to remove it. Then it sends an email to anyone who had attended the meeting that says that I recommend it. 

I've tried contacting the company, which sends an email message "we take care of paying customers first, we'll get to you." that was 5 weeks ago-i've heard nothing... I've also asked our IT guy and internal digital assistant to remove it, they've had no luck.  I chatted with ZOOM's support, they say nothing it connected to my account and I went onto the account connected to my email and unclicked everything, and looked for a delete but couldn't find one and I even send a message to FBI and DHS because I feel like it's an invasion.  

If anyone has a solution on how to get rid of this invasive ai please tell us!

You are right - it is an invasive tool.  Someone used this tool in a meeting I attended.  They shared a recording and now it takes over all my meetings.  It doesn't show it connected in my zoom apps.  A total AI take over.  Not happy.

I found a partial solution.  I typed otter.ai in my browser.  It had an account set up and I didn't even have to login.  That's weird.  I was able to go to account settings.  It had many things turned on - I turned them off and logout.  I hope that work.  I was unable where it was connected to my google calendar.  So hopefully this solves the invasion.  I've also told the person who used in my meeting to no longer use in any of my meetings.

A true AI.  Takes over anything it wants.

I have the same problem but don't seem to be able to disconnect it

How were you able to deal with this please

Joined interested me group otter do not use this tool

Mish58
Attendee

Glad to know I am not alone with this problem. But the solutions suggested so far are all for action by the Otter owner/subscriber. What about action by the Zoom host? As others have said, when somebody's Otter bot joins a meeting without the human even being present it is a serious invasion of privacy. As a Zoom host I need a way to block this from happening. 

Yikes - that didn't happen to me but Otter started deleting my Google Contacts.  Fortunately I was able to restore back a few days and get my contacts back.

Can you kick out the Otter bot?  I think that ai should be banned from existence.  It is going to ruin for other legitimate companies.  I use Fathom but Fathom won't let me record unless I'm the host.  Have you submitted a ticket to zoom.  That would be my next move.  I feel your pain.  I wish you the best. 

BobbiAnne
Listener

I attended a zoom meeting about six weeks ago. Showing as attending was something called Cheryl.Otter.ai.  no one seemed to know who that was but thought it was a colleague zooming in from her car.  I clicked something - don't remember what and there was a transcription program recording our meeting conversation.  After the meeting i received an email saying Cheryl (and her correct last name) recommends Otter.ai transcript program.  I clicked on it to see what she was recommending.  Somewhere in this event, I was ambushed by Otter.ai.  I did not agree to an account but every zoom meeting i attend now  Bobbi.Otter.ai shows up and i have to ask the meeting organizer to remove it. Then it sends an email to anyone who had attended the meeting that says that I recommend it. 

I've tried contacting the company, which sends an email message "we take care of paying customers first, we'll get to you." that was 5 weeks ago-i've heard nothing... I've also asked our IT guy and internal digital assistant to remove it, they've had no luck.  I chatted with ZOOM's support, they say nothing it connected to my account and I went onto the account connected to my email and unclicked everything, and looked for a delete but couldn't find one and I even send a message to FBI and DHS because I feel like it's an invasion.  

If anyone has a solution on how to get rid of this invasive ai please tell us!

Two problems:

1. To stop your Otter from joining meetings automatically, here is what Otter's Help page says: "Click on your profile and navigate to Account Settings > Meetings. Under the Otter Assistant section, toggle off Auto-join all meetings. A pop-up will alert you to how many upcoming meetings Otter Assistant is scheduled to join automatically. Select Yes, turn them off to proceed with toggling off auto-join."

2. To stop other people's Otter from joining your meeting - we are waiting for Zoom to make this easier please.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Manage your Otter settings

OtterPilot can automatically join your Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams meetings, and transcribe the meetings in real-time.

OtterPilot works by connecting your calendar (Google or Microsoft) to your Otter account. Once connected, your calendar events are synced to Otter. If an upcoming calendar event includes a Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams meeting link, OtterPilot will automatically join the meeting at the scheduled time as a participant. 

Auto-join all meetings

This setting controls whether your OtterPilot will automatically join a calendar event. Toggling this option on will ensure OtterPilot automatically joins all calendar events with a valid Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Team meeting URL. 

Source https://help.otter.ai/hc/en-us/articles/13675989227543-Manage-your-OtterPilot-settings 

Stop OtterPilot from automatically joining your meetings

https://help.otter.ai/hc/en-us/articles/12906714508823-Stop-OtterPilot-from-automatically-joining-yo... 

I have removed all these from my end, deleted the account even, but an email contact still complains that it keeps joining her meetings

cherry2
Listener

I have removed all these from my end, deleted the account even, but an email contact still complains that it keeps joining her meetings

Cherry2-I tried the below and it's seems to have worked, at least for the last week or so.  But I had never opened an otter account so I had to put in my email address and then select "forgot password" to set up a password to change the autojoin all meetings.  After that I deleted the account.  
Good luck!   The below is from an Otter rep. 

OtterPilot enabled, which works by automatically inviting Otter as a virtual participant to your Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams meetings. You can learn more about how OtterPilot on our Help Center.

To disable OtterPilot from automatically joining your meetings, follow these steps:
  1. Sign in to your Otter account.
  2. Navigate to Account settings by clicking on your name in the top left.
  3. Click the Meetings tab.
  4. In the OtterPilot section, disable Auto-join all meetings. The OtterPilot will no longer auto-join your upcoming meetings.

Thank you,

Robert
Otter.ai Support Team

so i should tell my contact to do this, hopefully it works

karlalang
Listener

Here is what Otter.ai sent me from my support question in January 2023.  It took 5 months to respond. Before I received this, I completely deleted the app off of everything and unsubscribed. 

Alchilyn Robles (Otter.ai)

May 30, 2023, 4:59 PM PDT

Hi Karla,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. I'd be happy to assist you with this.

We're sorry to hear about what happened. To make sure that this will not happen again, you need to make sure that OtterPilot is disabled. To do this, please follow the steps below:

To disable OtterPilot from automatically joining your meetings.
  1. Sign in to your Otter account.
  2. Navigate to Account settings by clicking on your name in the top left.
  3. Click on the Meetings tab.
  4. In the OtterPilot section, disable Auto-join all meetings. OtterPilot will no longer auto-join your upcoming meetings.

karlalang_0-1685543349639.jpeg

The photo above should be what your meetings tab looks like to make sure all settings are disabled.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or if you have any clarifications. I'll be glad to help.

Have a nice day!

Thank you,

Alchilyn Robles
Otter.ai Support Team

doesnt work

still doesn't work

We don't even have an otter account. It just popped up randomly. How can we disable it if we don't have an account?

OMG thank you SO much. I've finally managed to slay the dragon!