cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from Slack

Tower
Listener

Hello! When I call a slack channel through Huddle, the call icon for the channel appears in the sidebar. But when I call the channel through Zoom, the call icon for the channel does not appear. How can this be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Tower

The Engineering team was aware of this issue and released a fix for it on last Friday, July 1st. This should be working now according to everything that I am seeing on my end. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! When you are in Slack and do a slash zoom (/zoom) command does it ask you to configure/authenticate to Zoom? If not, then you must log into your account through the marketplace.zoom.us and search for the Slack app and install the app through the Zoom marketplace. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Tower
Listener

Hello @YaBoiB 
Thanks for your help. Yes, of course, the Zoom app is installed in Slack, and we use SSO for authentication. But when I call the channel, the call starts, but the call icon doesn't appear on the channel, and the members don't know about the call

YaBoiB

@Tower

So when you do a slash zoom and hit enter it is not pulling up this? 

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.21.24 AM.png

You  should click on Join and then you will be in the Zoom meeting and your channel participants should see the chat and be able to click on the join button as well. If this is not happening then I would say that you would need to reinstall the integration again. There is a possibility that the API authentication could be broken between the two softwares. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

>>So when you do a slash zoom and hit enter it is not pulling up this? 
No, the call starts and all channel members see it. But they don't see the call icon that appears when they call via huddle. 

Tower_1-1656674738129.png

YaBoiB

Hi @Tower

The Engineering team was aware of this issue and released a fix for it on last Friday, July 1st. This should be working now according to everything that I am seeing on my end. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Everything is OK, thanks!