cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically logon trough OKTA without username and password prompt window.

pawlenychs
Listener

Hello all,

We have just configured ZOOM SAML Application in our OKTA tenant.

The problem each time opening the ZOOM URL user gets OKTA username and password prompt window and, only after is being logged in to ZOOM.

The question is: What do we need to configure for not get username and password prompt window of OKTA?

Sincerely,

Pawlenychs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@pawlenychs 

Good day.

I cannot say that I have seen your specific error when using OKTA. 

One thing that comes to mind is checking to ensure SSO is properly enabled.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Advanced then Single Sign-On.
  3. Click Edit in the top-right corner.
  4. In the Service Provider (SP) Entity ID section, check or uncheck Automatically manage the certificate.

Are you using the pre-built application from OKTA or did you build a custom app within OKTA?  Did you follow the public support article for OKTA specifically?
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005719946-Configuring-Zoom-with-Okta
Can you share screenshots of the authentication settings as well as how you are using authentication from the Zoom Apps?

If the above SSO and/or OKTA support link have resolved your problem, please mark the question as solved so that others may quickly and easily find help with similar problems.  If this has not resolved your problem, please feel free to reach out again.

Bill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

townsendwc

@pawlenychs 

Good day.

I cannot say that I have seen your specific error when using OKTA. 

One thing that comes to mind is checking to ensure SSO is properly enabled.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Advanced then Single Sign-On.
  3. Click Edit in the top-right corner.
  4. In the Service Provider (SP) Entity ID section, check or uncheck Automatically manage the certificate.

Are you using the pre-built application from OKTA or did you build a custom app within OKTA?  Did you follow the public support article for OKTA specifically?
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005719946-Configuring-Zoom-with-Okta
Can you share screenshots of the authentication settings as well as how you are using authentication from the Zoom Apps?

If the above SSO and/or OKTA support link have resolved your problem, please mark the question as solved so that others may quickly and easily find help with similar problems.  If this has not resolved your problem, please feel free to reach out again.

Bill

townsendwc

@pawlenychs 

Good day!  Have you had an opportunity to review my last reply?  Do you have any follow-up questions or did this resolve your issue?

Thank you!

--Bill