cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing meeting from calendar with no owner

rfleischeraish
Explorer
Explorer

We have a meeting set for one of our Zoom rooms that no longer takes place there. The owner of the event is not available to cancel it on her calendar. As a Zoom admin, what can I do to remove that recurring event from the room?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Log into the Google account that is used to sync your Zoom Rooms calendars. If you are unsure of which account is being used, you can find it listed at zoom.us/calendar .

Once logged into the account on the Google side, navigate to Calendars, then settings.

You should see a menu on the left that includes "Browse Resources"

bstrelko_0-1701310625408.png

Ensure that there is a check-box next to the resource (Zoom Room) that you need to view a calendar for.

You'll also want to make sure that you have at least "Make Changes to Events" access for that resource.

bstrelko_1-1701310919210.png

Then, back in the main 'Calendars' area, ensure that the resource calendar is checked and showing in day/week/month view.

Find the appointment on that calendar (or a previous one) and remove it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bstrelko

You would need to cancel it on the room/resource's calendar itself (Google, O365, etc), as this is what's linked to the Zoom Room as a source of truth.

rfleischeraish
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks. I went into our Google Admin Console and opened the calendar from the Show resource's calendar (shown in the attached screen cap) link, but was unable to do anything. Is there somewhere else to edit the calendar?

bstrelko

You will need to subscribe to the calendar as a Google user with r/w access for that resource (you most likely already have one setup for Zoom Rooms calendar sync) and locate one of the recurring meetings (either past or future) to RSVP 'no' to the booking.

I feel like such a user, but I can't figure out how to do what you suggested.

bstrelko

Log into the Google account that is used to sync your Zoom Rooms calendars. If you are unsure of which account is being used, you can find it listed at zoom.us/calendar .

Once logged into the account on the Google side, navigate to Calendars, then settings.

You should see a menu on the left that includes "Browse Resources"

bstrelko_0-1701310625408.png

Ensure that there is a check-box next to the resource (Zoom Room) that you need to view a calendar for.

You'll also want to make sure that you have at least "Make Changes to Events" access for that resource.

bstrelko_1-1701310919210.png

Then, back in the main 'Calendars' area, ensure that the resource calendar is checked and showing in day/week/month view.

Find the appointment on that calendar (or a previous one) and remove it.