cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording allocation by ticket

VSNi_Stats
Listener

I've set up a virtual training event where there are 3 different sessions. People will buy tickets to the particular training session they want to attend. They will then have access to the recording(s) post event. From what I can see, all recordings will appear in the lobby. Will the session recordings only be available to those who have bought a ticket to the corresponding session? 

Eg. If Lucy brought a ticket to session C will she only see a recording for session C in the lobby (post event)? 

If David brought tickets to sessions A and B will he only see recordings A & B in the lobby (post event)?

Or will David and Lucy see recordings of all 3 sessions??

Many thanks in advance

Amy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom provides nice and abundant controls when it comes to Sharing Recordings; you decide who can see the recordings, if you allow to download it or not, if you allow to see the transcript, you can even set an expiration date so the recording won't be available anymore. etc.

Go to your Zoom Portal:  PERSONAL > Recordings search and click for an old recording you have and then Click the "Share" button on the Top-Right.

You will see all the many options are intuitive and self-explanatory that it is very intuitive and self-explanatory if you have any doubts and want to read all the details, there is a nice Zoom Document explaining.

🔗  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205347605-Managing-and-sharing-cloud-recordings

👉  Go directly to the section:   Settings for sharing cloud recordings

Enjoy it!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Vinnie

Zoom provides nice and abundant controls when it comes to Sharing Recordings; you decide who can see the recordings, if you allow to download it or not, if you allow to see the transcript, you can even set an expiration date so the recording won't be available anymore. etc.

Go to your Zoom Portal:  PERSONAL > Recordings search and click for an old recording you have and then Click the "Share" button on the Top-Right.

You will see all the many options are intuitive and self-explanatory that it is very intuitive and self-explanatory if you have any doubts and want to read all the details, there is a nice Zoom Document explaining.

🔗  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205347605-Managing-and-sharing-cloud-recordings

👉  Go directly to the section:   Settings for sharing cloud recordings

Enjoy it!

VSNi_Stats
Listener

Thank you for your reply Vinnie.  I've found the recording management options but it only shows for past recordings. I've got a virtual event which is happening in November that has multiple sessions where people buy a ticket depending on what session they want to attend. I read the Zoom session recordings will automatically be uploaded to the event lobby. But I don't want all recordings uploaded automatically to the lobby because not everyone will have paid for all sessions. I need to way to restrict access to these recordings before they are automatically uploaded. Do you know if that is possible?

Many thanks for your help

Amy 

Vinnie

I see Amy. I didn't realized it was for Zoom Events; I don't know but reading the documentation makes me think it is not possible, but I will call for "reinforcements" and ask somebody that knows about Zoom Events.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @VSNi_Stats.  Welcome also to Zoom Events!!

The recordings within the Zoom Event are basically "attached" to the sessions.  Where they might see a "Join" button while the session is live, they'll see a "Watch Recording" button once the recording has been processed and is ready to view.  The ability to watch a recording is dependent on the visibility of the session.

If they have a ticket which does not have visibility to all session, then they will only be able to watch recordings for those sessions they have access to.

Making recordings visible on the Hub is a different story.  If you make a recording visible on the Hub, it's visible to anyone that visits the Hub page and clicks the Recordings tab.

This is based on my experience... but things change quickly as Zoom Events evolves.  My best advice is to create a brief test event for anything you're unsure of, and see what happens.  That's how I have learned a lot!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

anissat

👋🏽 Hi Amy!

You *CAN* disable the video playback in the Lobby in the Resources section of your Zoom Events Hub:

anissat_2-1695844526519.png

Couple that with the "Complimentary Access to Clour Recording with Registration" setting, and I think you're good to go!:

anissat_3-1695845076785.png

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat