cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External panelists not being able to get into Zoom

DaynaLoia
Listener

Whenever we host a webinar with external panelists, they always have issues joining and are forced to join as an attendee, and then I have to promote them to panelists. This makes it difficult to do a practice session prior to the webinar since I have to start the webinar to promote them. Any ideas of why this happens and how to make it so they can join as panelists the first time? I don't turn on the authentication to join, but would that make this stop happening?

2 REPLIES 2

jaustria
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi DaynaLoia, welcome to Zoom Community! 🎉 For external panelists, they have a different invite link that is located during the creation of webinar. Once you have created a webinar, scroll down at the bottom and look for Invitations tab and you should also invite your panelists from there. 

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 9.24.48 am.png

Pro Tip🔔: You can enforce your panelist them to use your virtual background and provide them name tags. It's located under Manage Appearance.

Article Here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005657826-Adding-panelists-to-a-webinar

If this helped answer your inquiry, feel free to Accept this as a solution in order for our other community members to be assisted accordingly if they encounter this scenario.

natpratt
Listener

even when I followed these instructions, our external panelist had issues. Is there another reason this could be happening?