cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with two zooms at the same time

KarenS
Listener

I am the account host for a recurring zoom meeting, although another person is the real hostess while I attend.  This meeting is recurring and attendees can join at any time - though they expect to meet others at a designated time monthly.   This seems to work by itself - no conflicts as below - even if I am late to sign in.   

Then I occasionally have a class (zoom webinar) to take, which is hosted by completely different host.   That class starts before "my" meeting, and it seems to prevent my regular recurring meeting from happening during that time, even if I didn't sign in.  

What's the key to keep both active?   

What doesn't work:  When I join a class webinar, it seems to block out the meeting, and I get a lot of emails from zoom about people joining the webinar (without their email addresses), and their multiple attempts so presumably they are attempting and failing.  And it doesn't provide me any return email address.  

Can I "start" hosting my meeting first, then still join the class webinar?   Do I have to enroll for the class with a different email? Different device? 

1 REPLY 1

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

Check out this article on joining multiple meetings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001120743-Joining-different-meetings-simultaneously

Check your account settings there to make sure you're able to join two meetings simultaneously. 

Something you may want to try, you can adjust your meeting to allow participants to join before the host.  Or you can also assign a co-host that can start the meeting on your behalf while you're still in the first webinar.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks!  Rick