cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subscription renewal

lsingletary
Listener

My subscription was renewed yesterday, and I did not want it renewed. I have several issues: 1.  based on my subscription, I do not get live tech support and must go through the community. This is a billing issue, and the company should assist. 2. The only way to prevent renewal is to cancel the subscription at some point before the renewal, and there is no reminder about the renewal. This is not good business practice. Lastly 3. The bank card on file has expired, and I'd like to know how the renewal was processed with an expired card.  How was the subscription renewed?

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @lsingletary the billing team does not monitor the community, but you should have the resources to get this resolved! I would suggest creating a ticket with our billing team to further look into your inquiry. You can create a ticket at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000983032.

Regarding your question on how was it renewed, you may have had automatic payments set. More info on Paying your Zoom invoice

Autopay via credit/debit card, PayPal, and ACH Debit payments are accepted as well as manual payment via check, wire/bank transfer, EFT, and ACH Credit/Debit.

Notes:

• Autopay: Invoices are automatically paid on their due date with the billing information on file.
  • Manual Pay: Invoices have net payment terms (ex. Net 30). If you have purchased a subscription via a direct sales quote, contact your dedicated Account Executive to adjust your terms to manual pay. If you purchased online, you will need to contact Sales to see if your account is eligible for manual payment.
  • Change from autopay to manual payment for purchases online requires amendment and is only valid on a go-forward basis for net new invoices after provisioned.

Learn more about the different payment methods and choose which one works best for you.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RickZoom
Listener

I don't like my card charged unless I approve each charge. From what I've found by searching around Zoom support, it appears autopay cannot be turned off unless your account is a large corporate type account (>$250/month) and even then you'd have to call and get it changed. Does anyone know of a workaround to this? 

Also, like Isingletary mentioned, what happens if the credit card used initially is no longer valid come time for autopay renewal to kick in AND I did not have a backup payment defined on my account? How could the account be charged without a valid credit card on file?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @RickZoom, I would suggest Viewing your account and subscription details within the Zoom web portal as can view your account details to ensure you are assigned the appropriate licenses. 

You can follow the article to understand your account type, the date your subscription started, your subscription period and status, and others. As the Zoom Billing team does not monitor the community, for further assistance, please reach out by creating a ticket here. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!