cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While attending to my sister passing I knew I had 200 on a card, zooms desperate unauthorized

MiroTheDj
Listener

"Unauthorized charges on my card" I know it's probably a first right maybe not do this to people who could be future users you can not be this desperate for money to be using these tactics going on a 11 months I'll be suggesting to do mass lawsuit. How embarrassing of a thing to do someone in my situation. I'm most likely never going to use zoom so might as well blacklist me all together.

Redicukousness

I never purchased this product I would not need to as it's free with my college and I do t even use it than. I had a meeting this month with my lawyer on the 8th and 16th but only one was a zoom invite from him I have no need for a business zoom as my business went bankruptcy this year and have no need. So when I woke to a 160.00 charge when I have no income best believe I was shocked. My sister passed away on the 26thand I traveled to Albuquerque and did not even know about the charge until the 28thas I was using the card for travel, I went to my sisters and was trying to buy pizza when I realized the only money I had just disappeared and was apparently charged on a day I was not feeling well and slept the entire time. I do got a new goole fold and indeed it's got a sensitive giant scree. And the cover has opened up my FB and called a few times that I had to shut that feature down . But I don't know why zoom would make such a ridiculous main screen that id zoom did open the only feature is a 160 annual charge which proves it had to be some sort of malfunction or accident. Look at the account I'm not in need of the service nor ever used it a 100 users I would not know what to do with a service like this, however I highly would stop this practice of hoping for accidental subscriptions as it preyed on me in time when I only had 200.00 and my sister was dead and here I am their to help and have to turn to them and ask for 150.00 to complete my trip cause my card had a weird charge I never seen and it's taking forever to figure out how it happened and seems to happened not once but twice as it did it to my square card too. So how do I get my money back and I do plan on reporting this to others as it was complete embarrassment as I never would purchase an app of that value and not thru my personal cards.

In final review my lawyer also had a meeting with me on September 26th clicked his email and the phone did shut down 3 separate times while on that call and he's m witness but I did not know or intentionally subscribe to a pro plan that I don't need and would never use. I was using the service of his choice and nothing showed I was being charged 170.00 for a phone call from my lawyer that could not even. Stay connected. This whole situation was embarrassing and still have not even buried my sister as this whole thing was unexpected and we have a go fund me due to the situation. 

1 REPLY 1

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @MiroTheDj 

My sincere sympathy for the loss of your sister. 

I investigated this issue and found that your subscription was purchased through Google Play. Their payment system is not connected to Zoom. We are not able to refund your payment. I recommend reaching out to Google directly for assistance.

How to cancel from your Android phone

1. Open the Google Play Store app and ensure you are signed into the Google account you used to purchase your Zoom subscription.
  2. Tap the Account icon in the upper right corner.
  3. Tap Payments and Subscriptions, and then tap Subscriptions.
  4. Find the Zoom subscription.
  5. Tap Cancel subscription and follow the onscreen instructions.
  6. You may be asked to choose a reason for your cancelation. Select from one of the options, tap Continue, and then confirm by tapping Cancel subscription.

How to cancel from a desktop browser

1. Go to the Google Play Store on the web and ensure you are signed into the Google account you used to purchase your Zoom subscription.
  2. In the navigation menu on the left side of the page, click My subscriptions.
  3. Click Manage on the Zoom subscription.
  4. Click Cancel subscription.
  5. You may be asked to choose a reason for your cancelation. Select from one of the options, click Continue, and then confirm by clicking Cancel subscription.

Learn more about canceling Google Play subscriptions.

Notes:

• You will not be able to cancel a Zoom subscription billed through Google Play on the Zoom web portal or through a Zoom Support agent. Also, deleting the Zoom mobile app will not cancel your subscription.
  • When you cancel your Zoom subscription, your subscription will still be available until the last day of the period for which you paid. After that, your subscription will not renew and your account will downgrade to a free, Basic account. If you cancel a free trial, you may continue to use your free trial until the last day of the free trial.
  • Zoom subscriptions billed through Google Play cannot be paused, only canceled.