cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access my Zoom Account

PLMInc
Listener

Due to the sale of my company last year,  I no longer have the email address that my paid Zoom account is linked to. I still have the password, but when I try to Log In to Zoom, I am asked to provide a code -that is sent to the email that I no longer have access to - so I am unable to proceed with logging in to the paid Zoom account. I need to change email address & billing info associated with the paid account, but am unable to do so unless I can log in to the account.  I have tried following the steps provided on the 'help' page, but those steps require logging in to change the email address on file - which I cannot do due to the 2FA that I cannot access.  I also was able to email customer support directly (from my new email address), but got messages that "Our records indicate that the email address provided in the request is not associated with an active Zoom account so we are unable to respond to your open ticket."  This response also said to contact customer support by logging in to my account or to call, but no phone number was provided.  I called the sales department number to try to get transferred to tech support, but was on hold for over 4 hours and NO ONE ever picked up.  I was recently billed for another year of Zoom, but I cannot access the account.  If anyone knows of a work around to bypass the 2FA, or a way to contact support and speak/email with an actual HUMAN, I would greatly appreciate it.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello, @PLMInc I've opened a ticket for you to get this resolved. You should receive an email with confirmation that the ticket has been opened. Please let me know how else I can help along the way. 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi PLMInc,

“How to change the sign-in email if you don't have access to the original email

If you no longer have access to your original email address to verify the change, you can submit a request to Zoom Support. When submitting a request, enter the following information:

Please select your request type: Ensure that Billing & Account Management is selected

Your email address: Enter your new email address that you can be contacted at

Subject

Description

Request Type: Select Account Management

About: Select Unable to access email

Complete any optional fields that will assist with your request”

Changing the email associated with your account - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot

Thanks for your response, Eilot

However, you seem to have missed that I am UNABLE to SIGN IN to Zoom.  The process that you outlined is only available once I am signed in, but I cannot sign in.   That is where the problem lies.  Let me try to explain further

When I try to Sign In to Zoom by entering email address and password, I get the following message that says :

One Time Passcode

We detected an unusual login from a device or location you don't usually use or have not used in a while. To sign in to your Zoom account, check your email (***********) and input the verification code below. 

The One Time Passcode is being sent to the old email address that I no longer have access to, so I cannot retrieve the code to be able to sign in to access Billing & Account Management.   

Please tell me how I can get my email changed if I am unable to sign in to Zoom to do it.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello, @PLMInc I've opened a ticket for you to get this resolved. You should receive an email with confirmation that the ticket has been opened. Please let me know how else I can help along the way. 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!