cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two accounts, one email address

rblevow
Newcomer
Newcomer

My wife was trying to replace the lost password for her account when I thought to use her Apple account to access it.  I ended up creating a new account with the same email address.  The new account masks the old one and became the login for that email.  She needs to regain access to the old one to recover information there.  1.) Is the old account still there?  If so, will either of the following work to restore it to visibility.  2.) Delete the new account.  3.) Change the email address on the new account.  4.)  Backup is to icloud.  Is there a way to recover list of session ids? Anything else?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

ScoutGill
Explorer
Explorer

I looked for this on various websit es including youtube and solved it using to managing two accounts with one email address can be a bit tricky, as most systems require unique email addresses for each account to avoid confusion. However, there are a few strategies you can use, depending on the system you're dealing with:-

1. Use Email Aliases:-
Many email providers support aliases, which allow you to use different versions of your email address for different accounts. Here are some common methods:-

Gmail:- You can add a "+" sign and any text after your email name. For example, if your email is ***********, you can use *********** and ***********. Both will be delivered to ***********.
Outlook:- You can create aliases through the Outlook interface, and each alias can be used as a separate email address while still being linked to your main account.
Yahoo:- Similar to Outlook, Yahoo allows you to create disposable email addresses that act as aliases for your main account.
2. Create a Subaddress:- Some systems allow you to add a subaddress by appending a tag to your email address. For example, *********** will be delivered to ***********.

3. Use a Secondary Email Address:- If aliases or subaddresses are not supported, you may need to create a secondary email address specifically for the second account. Many email providers allow you to manage multiple email addresses from a single interface, making it easier to keep track of them.

4. Use a Temporary Email Service:- For less critical accounts or one-time use cases, you can use a temporary email service like Temp Mail or Guerrilla Mail. These services provide you with a temporary email address that you can use to register for an account without affecting your main email.