cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revoking of paid subscription licenses

AmyKraushaar
Listener

Zoom has revoked my two paid annual subscription licenses without notice. 

Zoom billing confirms payments were made successfully in April 2023 with renewal in April 2024. 

Customer support tells me they saw me sharing licenses and so the system revokes my licenses automatically. 

There was no policy change notification (I shared my license once in August 2022 without issue) I checked them all. I'm a nerd and save them. 

• Zoom did not warn me of this policy change. 
  • Zoom did not notify me that they revoked my paid annual subscriptions. 
  • I have no access to my paid annual subscriptions -- value €78 -- for 30 days. Without any notice from Zoom. 
  • They just tell me to buy more licenses -- not how many, not why -- just buy more stuff from us. 
  • Even customer support had no information other than: buy more licenses and you'll get your access back. 

Can they do this?

This seems like fraud. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@AmyKraushaar - Bots do not reply in Zoom Community. I've located your open tickets and left a note for the representative trying to assist you on the latest ticket. I attached a copy of your Zoom Admin Activity report for the month of August so far to your ticket, which shows the addition and deletion of different users and related sharing of the one license you have paid for. This is a violation of Zoom's terms of service.

1.2 Prohibition on Sharing. You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

S_K

Hi  @AmyKraushaar 

Thank you for reaching out to Zoom Community.

This information exists in all versions/updates of Zoom Terms:

"15. MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT

"15.1 General Changes. Zoom may make modifications, deletions, and additions to this Agreement (“Changes”) from time to time in accordance with this Section 15.1. Changes to these Terms of Service will be posted here or in our Service Description located here, which you should regularly check for the most recent version and also save the most up to date version in your files. When Changes are made, Zoom will indicate the effective date of the Changes at the top of the Terms of Service located here or in our Service Description located here. Changes to this Agreement do not create a renewed opportunity to opt out of arbitration (if applicable). If you continue to use the Services after the effective date of the Changes, then you agree to the revised terms and conditions. In some instances, Zoom may notify you of a Change and also may request express confirmation of your consent to a Change. If a Change requires a specific notice pursuant to applicable Law, Zoom will provide you with such notice in the manner prescribed by applicable Law, together with any required notification of your rights.

"15.2 Other Changes. You agree that Zoom may modify, delete, and make additions to its guides, statements, policies, and notices, with or without notice to you, and for similar guides, statements, policies, and notices applicable to your use of the Services by posting an updated version on the applicable webpage. In most instances, you may subscribe to these webpages using an authorized email in order to receive certain updates to policies and notices."

Please also refer to Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment” 

AmyKraushaar
Listener

I see. 

But it's still a poor policy. 

It's worse that Zoom provides no notice to customers when you take their money for a paid subscription and refuse the paid-for service.  And I've no idea when you will give me access to my licenses again. 

So I guess that means I have to buy more licenses. How many? Who knows? 

I'm a one-person business. I already own 2 paid-for licenses that Zoom won't let me use. 

In most businesses, that is fraud. 

Pretty shameful. 

I know you're a bot and don't care anyway.  

S_K

@AmyKraushaar - Bots do not reply in Zoom Community. I've located your open tickets and left a note for the representative trying to assist you on the latest ticket. I attached a copy of your Zoom Admin Activity report for the month of August so far to your ticket, which shows the addition and deletion of different users and related sharing of the one license you have paid for. This is a violation of Zoom's terms of service.

1.2 Prohibition on Sharing. You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

Please note, I have 2 licenses, not one: a Pro Plan and a 500-person webinar license. 

Zoom is not letting me use either of them. 

Are you sure you're checking the right records? 

And please read my email and post. Last year, it was ok to do this. I did it once when I went in the hospital and couldn't launch my member meeting. There was no policy and no problem. 

It was the only time I did it then and there was no policy. 

So I thought it was ok to do it this August. 

Those "users" are not my team -- I don't have a team. 

One email is mine as the owner.

One email is also mine as a backup in case something goes wrong with the first email. 

One is my VA's email (info@)in case I get hit by a bus and die and she has to go online and tell my 500 members that I'm dead and the business is done.

One is my VA's back up personal email.

The other two are members' emails because 2 years ago, I didn't know I could make them a co-host after joining my meeting. I thought they had to be a user. So I added them to the list. I never bothered to take them off because I'm not in that part of my profile on a regular basis - because I do not share licenses. I added/deleted people on this list because they are not Users. What do I have to do to prove this to you? 

AmyKraushaar
Listener

This is the 4th time Zoom support has sent me this policy. 

I understand. But you and none of the customer support people are bothering to read to understand my question. 

I'll try to make it very simple for you. I hope this helps. 

Last year, Zoom did not have this policy -- I only know this because I shared my license one ONE time because there was nothing that said you couldn't and I was going into the hospital and needed my VA to login to tell my members that the forum was cancelled. She did. It was no problem. There were no warnings or anything changed.

I never tried to share it again because I'm a one-person company -- why would I? For what reason? 

This August, I therefore thought I could share the license a second time -- in 3 years -- because last year, there was no problem doing it. How would I know there was now a policy?  (and don't send me the policy again -- I get it) 

The reason why there are "multiple movements" is because what I did last year wasn't working so I kept trying. 

I don't have live support. What else was I supposed to do? 

Who were those people in the User team? 

Those people were: me, and another email for me (2). My VA from a year ago (I never took her off) and a back up email for her (2) and 2 members of my membership because I put them there not knowing they could log in as attendees and then I just make them a co-host. 

There was no impact for having these names on this list a year ago. Frankly, I thought it was a dumb function because it didn't link up to anything, any other Zoom service. But hey, it's your business. 

Please, what I really want to know -- that no one will tell me -- that is NOT in your policy anywhere at all is this: 

When will you give me my 2 licenses back -- that I paid for by annual subscription totally $800? 

When will you refund me for all the time I have not been able to use my licenses that I paid for last April? 

How can I prove to you that I am a ONE PERSON BUSINESS WITH TWO LICENSES and I DON"T NEED ANY MORE licenses? I can't afford any more Zoom licenses! 

Why are you making me buy more Zoom services in order to use the 2 licenses I already bought from you? 

And why is everyone avoiding these questions? 

I WANT THE LICENSES I PAID FOR IN APRIL. 

I HAVE NO EMPLOYEES OR TEAMS EXCEPT MY VA FOR 30 HOURS A MONTH. 

I WORK 80 HOURS A WEEK AS A SOLO-PRENEUR HOSTING WEBINARS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD MOVING TO PORTUGAL. 

I BOUGHT MY ZOOM LICENSES 3 YEARS AGO. I HAVE NOT COMMITTED ANY CRIMES.

WHY IS ZOOM STEALING MY MONEY AND MY LICENSES THAT I PAID FOR?

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME????

S_K

@AmyKraushaar If you still disagree with this reply above, please submit a ticket for assistance so they can review the history of any changes to your account. Our support team has access to such activity logs on the back end.