cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro license

Peter9
Listener

We are an investment club consisting of 15 partners.  Our meetings rotate among partners' homes.  Can the club purchase one Pro license and have different partners host the meeting but use the same license for the club?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, everyone,

The basic official answer to this is no, one Meeting can’t be shared among many people as Host. There are two capabilities that can help if all the users are on the same account, but I’m guessing this is not the case with your group:

• Scheduling Privilege
  • Alternate Host

Organizations I’ve worked with have used  following approaches to similar situations. While not approved by Zoom, they’re used by some small groups with trusted members:

•  Create a meeting with Join Before Host checked. I recommend setting a time limit on how much before the scheduled time it can be joined. See this Zoom Support article for some additional info.  There are limitations to be aware of, especially if this is your meeting and you try to start another meeting at the same time. You are the host, even if absent; starting a new meeting while the regular meeting is in progress will end there in-progress meeting for all.
  •  Add a new user to your account. It will need to be a paid account. Share the login credentials for that account with the few trusted additional Meeting hosts. Create the meeting in that account, and develop a schedule of “who hosts each meeting.”  Each time a meeting is scheduled, the person whose turn it is to host the meeting logs into the new account (on Zoom.us) with the supplied credentials, launches the meeting (from the web browser) and serves as host. Check regularly to ensure that these trusted individuals are not creating additional meetings. There are several benefits to this approach:
    •  The user account does not have access to to your billing info or Admin menu
    •  You as the owner on a separate account can run a separate meeting concurrently with that other meeting if the need arises
    •  You can add Scheduling Privilege to allow your main account to schedule and launch the meetings for the sub-account without having to log out/log back in. 

There are other security issues, and other benefits to each approach. Carefully used and monitored, though, they can work. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Thanks very much for your response, Ray. It was very helpful. 

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Peter9 did @Ray_Harwood 's response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark it as an accepted solution 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Ray_Harwood

@Peter9  – No, you’re probably not confused. I alluded to the fact that some organizations do this, but it’s not approved by Zoom. In general I don’t recommend it, but do occasionally mention it as an option. The danger, of course, is that if it’s your account and your credit card on the account, and someone with your login credentials orders up a bunch of licenses – you’re screwed. Zoom isn’t going to help you recover.   Among some trusted members of a very small nonprofit, for example, it can work – but isn’t officially permitted. 

10 REPLIES 10

Tyson1
Listener

I would like to join this I am really interested.

SSSBO
Listener

We have a similar type of situation. I would also be very interested in any responses you receive that might be helpful

Ray_Harwood

Hi, everyone,

The basic official answer to this is no, one Meeting can’t be shared among many people as Host. There are two capabilities that can help if all the users are on the same account, but I’m guessing this is not the case with your group:

• Scheduling Privilege
  • Alternate Host

Organizations I’ve worked with have used  following approaches to similar situations. While not approved by Zoom, they’re used by some small groups with trusted members:

•  Create a meeting with Join Before Host checked. I recommend setting a time limit on how much before the scheduled time it can be joined. See this Zoom Support article for some additional info.  There are limitations to be aware of, especially if this is your meeting and you try to start another meeting at the same time. You are the host, even if absent; starting a new meeting while the regular meeting is in progress will end there in-progress meeting for all.
  •  Add a new user to your account. It will need to be a paid account. Share the login credentials for that account with the few trusted additional Meeting hosts. Create the meeting in that account, and develop a schedule of “who hosts each meeting.”  Each time a meeting is scheduled, the person whose turn it is to host the meeting logs into the new account (on Zoom.us) with the supplied credentials, launches the meeting (from the web browser) and serves as host. Check regularly to ensure that these trusted individuals are not creating additional meetings. There are several benefits to this approach:
    •  The user account does not have access to to your billing info or Admin menu
    •  You as the owner on a separate account can run a separate meeting concurrently with that other meeting if the need arises
    •  You can add Scheduling Privilege to allow your main account to schedule and launch the meetings for the sub-account without having to log out/log back in. 

There are other security issues, and other benefits to each approach. Carefully used and monitored, though, they can work. 

Thanks very much for your response, Ray. It was very helpful. 

Ray--I was wondering about doing that but Zoom told me that owner (host) credentials cannot be shared as it against Zoom terms of service.  Perhaps I am confused by the terminology of owners &hosts.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Peter9 did @Ray_Harwood 's response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark it as an accepted solution 

Bri
Zoom Community Team

I haven’t tried the suggestions yet. How would I mark it as an accepted solution, if it works?

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@SSSBO you should see a bubble that says Accept as Solution 🙂

Bri_0-1652908533006.png

Bri
Zoom Community Team

Ray_Harwood

(Thanks, @Bri !)

@SSSBO , there’s should be a little green box near the front of the answer – if you click it, a check mark should appear in the box. 

Ray_Harwood

@Peter9  – No, you’re probably not confused. I alluded to the fact that some organizations do this, but it’s not approved by Zoom. In general I don’t recommend it, but do occasionally mention it as an option. The danger, of course, is that if it’s your account and your credit card on the account, and someone with your login credentials orders up a bunch of licenses – you’re screwed. Zoom isn’t going to help you recover.   Among some trusted members of a very small nonprofit, for example, it can work – but isn’t officially permitted.