cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase of annual Pro license

KM_CHENG
Newcomer
Newcomer

I wish to when did the price of Annual Pro license increased from $149.9 to $159.9 ? Have any annuounment issued to user ?  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @KM_CHENG.

Here's the current price from the Zoom Pricing page at https://zoom.us/pricing:

Ray_Harwood_0-1705554632567.png

If you were charged more, check your invoice to see what other items were charged for.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

To my knowledge, there is no price increase in effect for an annual license.  Please review your latest invoice at this URL: https://zoom.us/billing/report.  Look at the details, and you should see $149.90 for the annual license renewal, and I'm guessing you'll see a $10 charge for something else.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @KM_CHENG.

Here's the current price from the Zoom Pricing page at https://zoom.us/pricing:

Ray_Harwood_0-1705554632567.png

If you were charged more, check your invoice to see what other items were charged for.

KM_CHENG
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom charged me $159.9.   Could any one tell me the difference ?

KM_CHENG
Newcomer
Newcomer

In December last year, the quoted price was still $149.9,  did ZOOM announe the price raise in early of January 2024 ?

Ray_Harwood

To my knowledge, there is no price increase in effect for an annual license.  Please review your latest invoice at this URL: https://zoom.us/billing/report.  Look at the details, and you should see $149.90 for the annual license renewal, and I'm guessing you'll see a $10 charge for something else.

KM_CHENG
Newcomer
Newcomer

The total $159.9 and no mentioned the $10 charge for what item.  Could anyone help to confirm ?

Mine did too

I am having the exact same problem; did anyone figure this out?

me too

jamieB
Newcomer
Newcomer

On My Account if you go to manage Plans it says:

Zoom One Pro

AnnualSave 21%

$149.90 /year/user

but renewal rate on account plan says:

Annual Plans

Zoom One Pro

1 user

$159.90

Annual Total

$159.90

Plus applicable taxes, fees, and overage charges

Next charge date February 4, 2024

Anyone know why? 
And am I going to get charged $159?

I received the following email on May 24th that may answer this question:

We hope you’re enjoying everything that your Zoom Workplace Pro Plan has to offer. We want to let you know of an upcoming price change to your Zoom subscription. Zoom is committed to continually innovating our products and delivering value to our customers.

The price of your Zoom Workplace Pro plan will increase by $10 to $159.90 a year/user - this nets out to just $0.83 a month for all that the Pro Annual plan has to offer! The new price will take effect with your next renewal cycle.

Zoom Workplace Pro empowers you to take control of your communications with advanced collaboration tools and features, including newly launched Zoom Clips Plus and Zoom Notes, Zoom Team Chat, Essential Apps, Zoom Whiteboard, Cloud Recording Storage, Zoom Mail & Calendar, and more.

Please note that this price increase does not affect the price of your other subscriptions. Your payment method on file will be charged the new price at the time of your next renewal cycle. Please visit your billing portal to make changes to your services or cancel.

We thank you for being a loyal Zoom customer.”

karachi-south12
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was charged $159 for a subscription plan that is currently advertised at $149 for new customers.
This practice of charging higher rates to loyal, long-standing customers while offering lower rates to attract new ones is not only unfair but also discouraging. It undermines the value of customer loyalty and raises questions about the company's pricing policies.

I am interested in hearing from others who have faced similar situations and how they have addressed this issue. Let's discuss potential steps we can take to encourage fair pricing practices and ensure that our loyalty is recognized and rewarded.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @karachi-south12.

Please provide URL and Screen Shot of any $149 annual pricing you see. The current pricing page at https://zoom.us/pricing shows $13.32/month if paid annually which is $159.84 per year:

Ray_Harwood_0-1717776504824.png

karachi-south12
Newcomer
Newcomer

Two different prices are shown on two different accounts; furthermore, when I check the pricing page in an incognito tab, it also shows $149, which is strange.

2realist4u
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom recently changed the webpage; Pro is now listed as:
$159.84 (13.32 x 12) for NEW users (screenshot below in incognito browsing)
$149.88 (12.49 x 12) for EXISTING users (screenshot below where I'm logged in)

So now the model is reversed; but many of us that were current subscribers had to go and pay the higher amount. I'm guessing ZOOM had accidentally reversed things initially, and perhaps that is why there was so much confusion (the CSRs were taught one thing, but the web developers posted it backwards).

Zoom Price Hike New Customers.pngZoom Price Hike Existing Customers.png

karachi-south12
Newcomer
Newcomer

In my case, when I check the pricing in incognito mode, it shows $149. However, my existing account has been charged $159. I have opened a support ticket but am still waiting for a reply. Zoom needs to clarify what is causing this discrepancy.