cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to register phone your number. Please check your network connection and try again.

Sharmer
Listener

Got stuck in a loop trying to connect my phone contacts. Got my phone number wrong and the captcha checks also. Probably attempted too many times. Now when I try and get an SMS sent to me to register my phone. I get the following message and can go no further. 

"Failed to register phone your number. Please check your network connection and try again."

Tried rebooting etc etc. No joy. Any help appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hello_world
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I was recently notified of this thread and the ongoing issue as a result of registration failure. In order for the Zoom engineering team to identify the issue and provide a resolution, a Zoom Problem report submission is needed. I have tested this on an Apple device with all requested permissions during installation enabled except for Face ID. Visual and Audio captchas are not matching as already mentioned by other users. When you enter the incorrect captcha or phone number, therein the problem occurs. Any attempt to register will fail even if you sign out of the app or when you uninstall it completely. There is no workaround and replication is easy but it will cause your device to fail registration EVEN if you were successful before. In my case, it worked the first time and after following the steps done by other users (wrong phone number, incorrect captcha response) - even doing the correct method fails to register my number. 

I will be adding the replication confirmation steps to our engineering team with my submitted report. If you have a Zoom account, I encourage you to open a Support ticket  and submit a Zoom Problem report from your App.

I will be working on this internally to ensure a solution is found, your assistance in submitting tickets and reports will help us in identifying the issue faster with a bigger data sample to analyze.

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89

Ajmalnsr
Listener

I am facing same issue and can't add my contact number in zoom.  Failed to register you phone number. Check your network connection and try again.

The captcha letters on the screen are different from listening in audio. 

Please help 

Kiwi-chick1972
Listener

I'm using a Android samsung Galaxy this year's model, all software is upto date, have tried on data and different wifi networks but still having no luck.

Failed to register your phone number.  Please check your network connection and try again.

Comes up every time 

Natassia
Listener

No one is answering the actual question. It doesn’t need to be a discussion, if someone knows how to fix the actual problem I think we’d all appreciate it. But if you can’t please don’t adding to a thread with irrelevant information.

NOT the problem:  I did the “step by step” bs you guys posted but unfortunately, zoom txt me my verification code within the last 15s. By time I tried putting that code in, it had expired. 

THE PROBLEM: Now when I try again using my same phone number (cause I only got one) it says something like “phone number wasn’t verified”

QUESTION: How can I use the SAME number I tried using before but wasn’t unable to verify, WITHOUT it telling me I can’t go further because my number wasn’t verified. 

Please leave out all the unnecessary info, I just want a simple answer, please. These threads are exhausted and extremely unhelpful.

thx in advance 

nielsket
Listener

Still not working. I'm from The Netherlands. I recieve the code on my phone, immediately input the verification code. Same error appears: can't verify the phone.

How much longer before this problem will be addressed?

Niels

Jimmyhtz
Listener

Still have the exact same issue as everyone above with my iPhone.  Can't set up a Zoom meeting tomorrow

Lightyears61
Listener

Sadly, this is the place we are all at now. 
What I did explain is none of this stopped me being part of my meeting. 
Were you able to enter a meeting? 
They say it’s a glitch that they need to resolve, so I think that they are asking people to raise a ticket for it. 
I am using TEAMS more in my work so I have just given up. 

Oxlis
Listener

Same problem with 2 different simcards on galaxy S23 ultra. So issue surely lays at developing side.

Ludwig
Listener

Same issue. Pixel 6a latest. Sweden. 

Same situation. iPhone 15 Pro Max. No MDM profile. Captcha visual is different from displayed text. Tried with Dutch, UAE and UK numbers. Consistently get the same error. Can’t even invite people via email as contacts; “send” button greyed out after entering an email address. Utterly awful. 

ScoutGill
Listener

No worries, there are a few ways to fix contacts search not working on your Android phone. Here are some steps you can try:-

1. Restart your phone:- A simple reboot can often resolve temporary glitches.

2. Update the Contacts app:- Outdated apps can sometimes cause search issues. Open the Google Play Store and check for updates for the Contacts app (or the app you use for managing contacts).

3. Check App Permissions:- Ensure the Contacts app has permission to access your contacts information. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications (or similar option) > See all apps > Find your Contacts app > Permissions and make sure all necessary permissions are enabled.

4. Verify Contact Syncing:- Make sure your contacts are syncing properly with your Google account (or whichever account you use for contacts). Go to Settings > Accounts & sync (or similar option). Find your Google account and ensure "Contacts" is enabled for syncing.

5. Check for System Updates:- Outdated system software can sometimes cause issues. Make sure your phone is running the latest Android version. Go to Settings > System > System update and check for updates.

More details assistance below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQdV88YxmI&ab_channel=TheGeekPage