cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T ASSIGN LICENSE EVEN WE HAVEN'T EXCEEDED THE LIMIT

Margot_UGLM
Listener

WE HAVE 4 LICENSE, ONLY 1 WAS ENABLED YET ZOOM KEEP ON SENDING ERROR NOTIFICATION "EXCEEDED THE LIMIT OF USERS" . WE CAN'T ASSIGN THE OTHER 3 LICENSES. WE NEED HELP ASAP!!Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 4.47.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-04 at 4.46.44 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Margot_UGLM Were these licenses previously assigned? For more information, please see Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment”.

The limit is based on the number of purchased licenses on your account. Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you can continue assigning licenses to users. Please note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service, section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing.

If your use of Zoom services requires additional licenses to comply with Zoom’s single-user-per-license requirement, you can visit your Billing page on the Zoom web portal to purchase additional licenses. Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you’ll be able to assign licenses to users

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

mariamcgrath
Listener

Margo, same issue here, keeps telling us to buy more, then it says we have a license and to assign it and then wont let us assign it

did you contact zoom?

I did - via email as I don't have live support. They just told me to buy more licenses and then "you will regain your access." 

But now I can't buy additional licenses either as "your plan is pending." 

?

Same here. See above.

wwekowahyus
Listener

same as here ... I don't know what happened suddenly we cant assign anymore license

is there a feedback from zoom?

No response yet on my tickets ... 

But I will immediately cancel all plans 

I have 30 regular licenses. 1 large meeting  and 4 webinars with additional 500G storage ... 

If this things are not responded then its no use for me to continue to use their services

wow. I thought it was just me and my one-person "I'm a nobody to Zoom" licenses. 

Did you receive any notices that they were being revoked? I didn't. But mine are paid in full, too. 

Same here - My Pro Plan license and my 500-person webinar license. No small potatoes -- almost €800 which is a lot to me as a one-person business. 

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Margot_UGLM please check out Ray's response in this community thread for an explanation.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

No it doesn't make sense. We need someone to talk to regarding this matter immediately.

@Margot_UGLM Were these licenses previously assigned? For more information, please see Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment”.

The limit is based on the number of purchased licenses on your account. Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you can continue assigning licenses to users. Please note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service, section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing.

If your use of Zoom services requires additional licenses to comply with Zoom’s single-user-per-license requirement, you can visit your Billing page on the Zoom web portal to purchase additional licenses. Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you’ll be able to assign licenses to users

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

This same thing happened to me. Last August, it was ok/within policy to share a license with a zoom user team member on your account. So I tried it again this August so I could go on holiday and still run my member forum. There was no policy change notification -- I know. I checked all my email. When I tried it, I got error messages so I kept trying because, well, small business - zero live customer support from Zoom - I'm my own trouble-shooter. 

7 email tickets later -- customer support keeps telling me to buy more licenses (I already have 2 for a one-person company)  even though I can't assign either to me, the owner and only user. 

8th ticket, a support person tells me this is now against policy and my licenses have been revoked for 30 days. 

These are both paid annual subscriptions. Zoom already has my money. Zoom did not notify me that my licenses are no longer accessible for 30 days and there is nothing in the new policy that licenses will be revoked if you share it. So that's a big problem. 

Last, I finally gave in and tried to buy 10 licenses (so I can get live support) in addition to my revoked two licenses, and the Zoom system won't let me purchase any new licenses-- I have to "Contact Sales". 

I have sent multiple notices to Sales that I want to buy 10 additional licenses. 

I have not received any reply. 

So I have an invoice proving I own paid-for Zoom licenses that Zoom refuses to let me use and didn't notify me or tell me why. 

And I can't buy more as Customer Support tells me to do. 

Please, can someone help resolve this so I can run my webinar business. 

Thank you

We understand -- but this is a newer policy. And it wasn't shared by email with license-holders. It makes sense. And I'm not abusing it. But last year it was ok - as I did it one time. And in the past, the Users section was a place to add your team. My VA was on it as a user and a second email for me as a user because, well, that's what Zoom said to use it for.  

Now you have it linked to sharing. I get it. But you really can't revoke someone's paid license without notice and without warning. You have taken our money for 30 days -- a paid subscription -- without notification of services being revoked and without information provided that this would be a consequence of sharing. 

I get it. I don't want my members to share my content either. But I have notifications and stated consequences if they do. 

You can keep copy/pasting your replies as a "moderator" but you're not providing any information value beyond selling. 

Just "buy more licenses from us" is pretty unethical. Sorry, but it is. 

EdgewaterCong
Listener

I had the same problem with unable to assign a paid license to the owner user.  

This fix worked for me:

Cancel all of your licenses. It will tell you the date then the licenses expires and will not be renewed.

Now go back in to you license plan and select reapply the cancelled licenses.

Now for me they were back and able to be reassigned with out having to purchase more licenses.

Gillina
Listener

Hello, I have the same issue. Did anyone manage to find a workaround? I am stuck in managing my account...