Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Jumps Around

DelapierceD
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey Fam

I have long had an issue with the chat window jumping around whenever a new message comes in, or trying to scroll around. It never scrolls fluidly, jumping around as I get toward the end of the messages. This makes it very difficult to read the messages, obviously, and is a frustrating hindrance to communication. 

This has happened for years, across devices and versions for me. I see *some* mention of related issues in the forums, but not a lot. Please advise!

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

woofmeow
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same experience. It sucks. Just wanted you to know you're not crazy!!

Thank you! I have never heard anyone else talk about this!

goanx
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was just on a Zoom (via browser) with over 50 people, the chat was jumping around so much it was driving me crazy and it was so difficult to follow the chat while paying attention to the talk as well.

I have a feeling what was happening was that it kept scrolling back up to previous chat posts whenever someone emoji reacted or replied to it. When there are over 50 people on the call all reacting and replying at different times, this becomes an awful experience.

I think the following would be better:
- If you are on the bottom of the chat feed, to automatically update to the newest chat message at the bottom (not replies)
- If you are not at the bottom (i.e. catching up on previous posts), have the notification for new messages and scroll down to the new messages upon clicking on the notification