cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop meeting requests with me being created automatically?

TFE
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi all

I’m trialling Zoom Scheduler, and I’m keen to make my schedule public. What I don’t want is for any salesperson to book time with me whenever they see fit! How do I set a precondition that I have to approve all requests for an event before the event is created?

TVM

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @TFE .

If you make the link public, anyone can schedule a meeting. It’s like making your phone number public: anyone can call you. You can reject/cancel any meeting made.  (Sorry, I can’t find instructions n how to cancel a meeting in Scheduler.)

I’m not a Zoom Scheduler user, but if I was, I’d use the same technique I use with Calendly: make one link for public scheduling, and always check meetings attached with that link; make another link that you give out to clients, and you can be reasonably sure it won’t be abused. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Yeah I get that…and that’s what I do currently. But I can already do that for free using Office 365’s Booking app…so as it stands I don’t see what paying extra for this same functionality on Zoom offers…

Matt

Ray_Harwood

The advantage,  Matt / @TFE, is that you can give the link to people (people you trust and want to be able to book with you) and let them choose a time and date without half a dozen "What's a good time for you?"  "Oh how about Tuesday at 10am?"  "No that doesn't work for me... how about Friday at 3pm?"  I never have to do this any more... except for an occasional internation client whose time is way different than mine.

Check out the feature set on Calendly too.  Zoom Scheduler is good, but the documentation isn't up to where I'd like it, and so it appears to me to be way more functional.  Every link I have set up online is coded, so I know which link it came from, and each one asks specific questions to I know in advance pretty well if they're legit or spam.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Yeah I can do all of that as part of my Office 365 plan for no additional cost. My point is that paying extra (on top of my current Zoom subscription) offers no additional features for what I can get for ‘free’. Thanks, Ray. I’ll take a look at Calendly next. Matt.